McNairy versus Kossuth Ms

bobcatsblue98

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You folks would be doing yourselves a huge favor if you'd just put on a set of blinders, disregard anything you hear, and support the coach and his team. If things never improve and he's not the guy for the job, you haven't gained a thing from all the second guessing and non support. Remember that some students at UNC hanged and burned the immortal Dean Smith in effigy after his first season as head coach...bet they're awful glad that they didn't fire him!

Coach Stroup came into the job at Scotts Hill facing the same challenge as Hodge...taking a struggling program and building something almost from the ground up, and his "introduction" was almost a pep rally too with plenty of "I'll do this" and "I won't accept that" promises...won two games his first season (just like most years), but the fans and parents stood by him and his philosophy without questioning it. We've won two games to begin the season, and even though we're not guarantee'd to win another game, the kids look like a football team on the field, and display twice the character on and off the field. One of the best coaches around? Nobody would say so now, but it remains to be seen...if not it won't be because he hasn't had HIS chance to do it HIS way.

You have your guy in place, so why not give him his chance? The folks at Dresden would gladly have hired him in a minute, and they know him better than any of you by far, so why not just be patient, at least for one season, and see what happens...at this point you have nothing to lose except the chance for Hodge to do his best without the fan base hampering his efforts.

First off losing to mcnairy has nothing to do with our season. Win or losr it is only a money game. We dont circle it on calendar or anything it just doesnt matter.

Second is the problem with mcnairy's fan base is thry want success and they want it now as long as their kid gets the nod. Lost one game and half the fans ready to run the coach out of town.

First off losing to mcnairy has nothing to do with our season. Win or losr it is only a money game. We dont circle it on calendar or anything it just doesnt matter.

Second is the problem with mcnairy's fan base is thry want success and they want it now as long as their kid gets the nod. Lost one game and half the fans ready to run the coach out of town.

good post cardfan. the greatest thing about football is the "team" aspect. it doesn't matter whos in there when the job gets done, as long as the job does get done. too many people put too much value on "starting". wise old coach wooden once said "its not as important who starts the game, as it is to who finishes it". meaning look at the ones in there when the going gets tough and the game is on the line, that's who the coach trusts the most.