McNairy versus Kossuth Ms

bobcatsblue98

The Adamsville clueless fans need to comment on their team. Any person that thinks MCHS would rather beat Adamsville than win a state championship needs to grow up. We beat AHS 20-years in a row and did not celebrate them.

Coaches play the best players trying to win the game. Coach Hodge is not influenced by anyone's fathers. You have the Junior Pro coaches that think they know more than him. There is a reason they are sitting in the stands.

You'll come closer to beating Adamsville than you will to winning a state title!! Don't see that happening either!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Adamsville clueless fans need to comment on their team. Any person that thinks MCHS would rather beat Adamsville than win a state championship needs to grow up. We beat AHS 20-years in a row and did not celebrate them.

Coaches play the best players trying to win the game. Coach Hodge is not influenced by anyone's fathers. You have the Junior Pro coaches that think they know more than him. There is a reason they are sitting in the stands.

Public forum! Anyone can comment on anything!! Lexington is down this year, so you might have a competitive game with them but I doubt it!!

Your coach called us out !!!! Trust me I want y'all to win !! Helps our strength of schedule!

cardfan, let me explain it to you slowly. Coach Hodge said he wanted to beat Lexington and Adamsville in a private Bobcats booster club meeting. Do you think any coach in America would not say positive things to his fans and players?

College coaches ask for writers to not report anything said in a booster's club meeting for obvious reasons. If Coach Hodge hurt your feelings, we feel bad about that.

cardfan, let me explain it to you slowly. Coach Hodge said he wanted to beat Lexington and Adamsville in a private Bobcats booster club meeting. Do you think any coach in America would not say positive things to his fans and players?

College coaches ask for writers to not report anything said in a booster's club meeting for obvious reasons. If Coach Hodge hurt your feelings, we feel bad about that.

i don't think it was a private meeting, everyone in the county except aville was invited or recruited to attend. everyone on the hill went out of their way to post pictures of "packed" commons area, standing room only they said in paper, but then they posted a picture and half if not more of the seats were vacant. sounded like someone went out of their way to make it sound like a big deal. a "real" coach would say "listen i know you guys want to beat Lexington and aville, but i am more worried about the basics, when we get to where we need to be, the aville game will take care of itself".all new coach has done is set up the fanbase, players, and parents for a major disappointment. what can you say positive after what happens this Friday night and next Friday night? "well it could have been worse" is about all. the players and all the parents and fans deserve an honest assessment instead of all the hot air from a new coach..honestly,its gonna be a long year, i am not worried about the scoreboard, there are wins and losses during a game, we need to win the majority of those little battles, when we do we will win on the scoreboard.

I am typing slowly for you macnarry. The items I speak of were not said in private but were direct quotes from your coach to the newspaper reporters. Look I am all for you building your program back up I think it shines a positive light on all of Mcnairy County but do it the right way and success doesnt happen overnight.

I was at the public meeting when our newly hired coach made his comments. I really disapproved of many of those statements that he made at that meeting. It was way more of a pep rally type atmosphere than an introduction. I knew that there was gonna be repercussions and a very impatient fan base when he didn't make good on his promises. Really not the way to get a head coaching career started.

However, if he gets a handle on matters over the next couple of weeks, our game will be different than most think. The talent is there to get it done if the old rah rah coach can get a game plan together to utilize what he has. We can match up and give teams problems.

For his statements he made I can't support because he should have never made. But for your sake we haven't played our game yet so be careful. He had gave y'all plenty of bulletin board material without a doubt, but if he does win that game those tshirts being sold will sure be hard for you guys to have to look at. And your season will rapidly turn for the worst. And for the record, I'm not making a stupid prediction especially after the last few years. I just see you posting a lot before the game. Almost as big of a mistake as he made at his introduction meeting.

I wish you guys nothing but success except one game.

I was at the public meeting when our newly hired coach made his comments. I really disapproved of many of those statements that he made at that meeting. It was way more of a pep rally type atmosphere than an introduction. I knew that there was gonna be repercussions and a very impatient fan base when he didn't make good on his promises. Really not the way to get a head coaching career started.

However, if he gets a handle on matters over the next couple of weeks, our game will be different than most think. The talent is there to get it done if the old rah rah coach can get a game plan together to utilize what he has. We can match up and give teams problems.

For his statements he made I can't support because he should have never made. But for your sake we haven't played our game yet so be careful. He had gave y'all plenty of bulletin board material without a doubt, but if he does win that game those tshirts being sold will sure be hard for you guys to have to look at. And your season will rapidly turn for the worst. And for the record, I'm not making a stupid prediction especially after the last few years. I just see you posting a lot before the game. Almost as big of a mistake as he made at his introduction meeting.

I wish you guys nothing but success except one game.

i like that a bobcat fan actually said this. good post. i have to disagree with you on the talent level. it is by far the least talented team McNairy has ever fielded (for mchs). it would be an average team in 1a or 2a, a weak team in 3a, and just not good in 4a, and that is being truthful. yes there is some talent but they are all 14 yr olds. selmer middle hasn't put out a dominant group of pure athletes in 5 years and that is the cold hard truth. no sugar coating it, new coach should have said that from the beginning, the one thing they got going for them is everyone wants to do well. it will get better but not now and not in the foreseeable future. i also don't foresee a way mchs gets anywhere close to ahs this year. ahs has possible best team yet of last 5 years, mchs has possibly worst. truth. it hurts but true. heard a fan say that parents are already being negative and wanting changes made from Kossuth game. problem is mchs doesn't want to rebuild they want to be built already and that just isn't the way things go. new coach should have explained we may not win a game but we are gonna try to get better everyday.

Coach Hodge never talked to a reporter at the booster club meeting. The reporter was there and used the coach's comments to show the excitement in the new coach.

It is going to take some time to rebuild the program. It was not long ago that AHS asked to move the McNairy game off the first game of the season because they did not want to start every season with a loss.