Macon @ Livingston Academy

tnchad1980

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Macon County
    • Livingston Academy

He went to a lineman camp down there they showed interest in him a week or so before their school started. He took a closer look at the school, they looked at his grades and fast tracked him thru and he was practicing in less than a week and has started for them ever since in arguably the best district top to bottom in the state. UCM what would your opinion be on that district with Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, Baylor, McCallie, MBA,BGA etc.

from a talent stand point, by far that district and the Boro district typically send the most kids to D-1 year in and out. Diffrence is if say Blackman, has one weak spot in a particular year, although they may be loaded every where else, they simply deal with it. Ensworth can go out and pull a couple studs in to fill that weakness. That kid leaving LA is huge. Because if he is a big time talent, he most likey would play both ways. So really, its like LA lost a stud ol and a dl.

He went to a lineman camp down there they showed interest in him a week or so before their school started. He took a closer look at the school, they looked at his grades and fast tracked him thru and he was practicing in less than a week and has started for them ever since in arguably the best district top to bottom in the state. UCM what would your opinion be on that district with Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, Baylor, McCallie, MBA,BGA etc.

Yep - recuited !

No diffrent from the qb suddenly showing up at SC from Brentwood or two top players from Wilson Central showing up at CHS. Just the D1 and D2 can do it openly.

if i remember correctly the qb central might have been a liitle different. He had the kid (can't remember his name) that commited and went to Florida playing in front of him and they were in the same class. I don't think he would have ever played. I may be mistaken but I think that was the scenario. Were either of the youg men in Cookeville regular starters at Central? I've watched both play and they are definately a major addition to coach Maynard's program

Don't think the Staver kid ever actally signed but obviusly was a big time D1 prospect at the time the SC kid was at Brentwood. We shut him and Manning down that year. Coach Maynard put his second group in early in the 4th. My son had alot of fun that game. Only one thing bad happend that game. McCoin turned his ankle on a punt return and never completly healed the remainder of the season. Sorry going backwards not forward. LA practice has a good bye week look so far.