Independence vs. Beech

tandem

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard much about Indy this year. Beech is coming off a close loss at Henry Co and a big win at Gallatin. This should be a good one. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Bucs by 3.

I work with a guy whose son plays for Independence. He said they are not as dynamic on offense as last year but play more sound as a team. I do not think they are overly large but do things well. It will take someone very fundamentally sound to stop that running attack that Beech possesses. Very good speed with the backfield. I do think that a good passing offense could be a problem for y'all though. Anyway good luck to the Bucs.

I think this Beech team is getting overlooked by some because they lost to Henry County and Henry County has a loss. At this point they are playing better defense than I can recall a team playing. The offense, although it has no frills, is loaded with weapons. I've got Beech 34-17.

Beech went down to the wire with Henry County but more impressive imo is their win over Station Camp.

Looking at a few stats, does Beech ever pass the ball? I get that the ground game is averaging the Bucs almost 300 yards per game but are these stats on unapproved website correct?

20 PaYrd's Per Game, I'm assuming a huge chunk of that came from last week's win.

Why aren't teams just putting 8 in the box on every play? 

What I know about Indy is that they have a good quarterback, Andrew Bunch who's primary target is Nate Johnson. Johnson is athletic and can turn a short yardage pass into a big gain. 

See an example here.

They also have a good running back in Dom Childress, who I believe will be playing at Navy after he graduates.

Edited by SteveWSSports

I work with a guy whose son plays for Independence. He said they are not as dynamic on offense as last year but play more sound as a team. I do not think they are overly large but do things well. It will take someone very fundamentally sound to stop that running attack that Beech possesses. Very good speed with the backfield. I do think that a good passing offense could be a problem for y'all though. Anyway good luck to the Bucs.

Dynamic means no Vic Wharton but make no mistake this team is much much better on offense this year averaging well over 41 PTS a game in 3 games.Led by Childress 8.1 Yds per carry ( Navy) they play 2 QBs and both can pass as good as anyone in middle Tn