Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

Nashville Tennessean quote:

“We’ve been 3A before and had success,†said Goodpasture Athletic Director Clint Parnell. “We felt like we needed to say to our people, ‘We want to get our program back to where it was.’ We want to compete like we did before.â€

My personal opinion, Goodpasture has had success at getting players from public schools they have played in the past.  I know when my son was younger they would gain a few every year.  Playing schools as far a way as their 2A schedule they can't pick them up like they use too, IMO.  Unfortunately, they don't have the same athletes they had back in the day, especially linemen.  My son's class last year was pretty decent athletically and the line was decent also.  Problem was injuries and the attitudes of some of the players, IMO.  Their enrollment is the lowest it has been in a long time (My son's class was one of the biggest if not the biggest), and I don't see it getting any better in the near future.  

Their senior class this year only has 3 players that started last year every game.  (And two of them have been hurt for several games).  Their junior class has one good athlete.  Their sophomore class is ok, but has no linemen.  Their freshmen class has one good athlete.  Their 8th grade class (They won this year but their wins were against bad teams from what I hear) has parents who are always threatening to leave if don't get their way, so who knows with them. (The 8th grade part is all what I've heard from friends who have kids still at Goodpasture)  

I think the move is in hopes of keeping parents happy and trying to gain students...IMO.

Unfortunately, Goodpasture isn't the Goodpasture of the past and I don't see it changing anytime soon.  They just don't have the athletes right now.    

And this is what u fellers get when u have an idiot like Perry running the place. Leave him there a few more years and see whats left. It will look like Dodge City.  The Board Members should be held responsible too when it tanks. Me and ole Marshall may show up at the next BOD meeting. How much more damage can a feller do to a place? 

And this is what u fellers get when u have an idiot like Perry running the place. Leave him there a few more years and see whats left. It will look like Dodge City. The Board Members should be held responsible too when it tanks. Me and ole Marshall may show up at the next BOD meeting. How much more damage can a feller do to a place?

Festus, who gets fired this week? The current head coach was on Martin's staff as DC, correct? What happened? What position did headmaster coach tonight? Even if Martin was still coach, do you honestly believe he or anyone else could do much better with talent on the field?

Festus, who gets fired this week? The current head coach was on Martin's staff as DC, correct? What happened? What position did headmaster coach tonight? Even if Martin was still coach, do you honestly believe he or anyone else could do much better with talent on the field?

I admire how you stand by your man  But leave Andy and David out   Both are real good folk 

And this is what u fellers get when u have an idiot like Perry running the place. Leave him there a few more years and see whats left. It will look like Dodge City.  The Board Members should be held responsible too when it tanks. Me and ole Marshall may show up at the next BOD meeting. How much more damage can a feller do to a place? 

You're an Idiot!

Agree 100 percent, my point is although Martin would have this team playing better than an 0-9 team, the talent is not there no matter Whoi is headmaster. Goodpasture is just not a good team right now.

I think the point regarding the Headmaster is he essentially ran off Martin and  hired Mote against everyone's objections, principal and AD included- so he is responsible for 0-9 and as you mentioned Martin would have them winning more regardless of talent.

Have you guys thought about how much damage you are doing to the school and the football program?  All of you in my opinion are just as responsible if you want to point fingers.  How many of you have shown any support to Goodpasture Football since Martin left and they hired Mote?  IMO, the whole thing is a no win situation at Goodpasture right now.  They don't have the same talent as the past (They have scored less than 100 points running the Wing-T - Martins offense), the supporters of Martin in my opinion will never buy into anyone that becomes coach unless it is a Martin man (IMO that is why they need to hire McWilliams), you guys have said yourself the schedule was tough (same schedule as last season) and for some reason Goodpasture elects to play 3A in football, their is resentment to administration, they fired a high school coach with 3 games remaining, the list could go on...Probably the reason Mote was hired in the first place, nobody wanted to touch this mess. Do you think that is going to change this time with all this still taking place?

I think the point regarding the Headmaster is he essentially ran off Martin and  hired Mote against everyone's objections, principal and AD included- so he is responsible for 0-9 and as you mentioned Martin would have them winning more regardless of talent.

It is hard to believe that one person, the headmaster, was solely responsible for "running off" Coach Martin, especially against everyone else associated with Goodpasture as you infer. You are telling me that the HS Principal was totally against getting rid of Martin, the AD was against this move. You don't mention the board of directors, but I assume they were 100% against this move as well? If your response is yes, this person, the headmaster, has total control of the school without answering to anyone, then who hired this person? Did he just appear via osmosis? Wow, it's amazing GP even exists!!!

Again, I'm not saying that Coach Martin was and still is not a great coach, but let's not kid ourselves here, there has to be more folks with their hands in the cookie jar who run GP.

It is hard to believe that one person, the headmaster, was solely responsible for "running off" Coach Martin, especially against everyone else associated with Goodpasture as you infer. You are telling me that the HS Principal was totally against getting rid of Martin, the AD was against this move. You don't mention the board of directors, but I assume they were 100% against this move as well? If your response is yes, this person, the headmaster, has total control of the school without answering to anyone, then who hired this person? Did he just appear via osmosis? Wow, it's amazing GP even exists!!!

Again, I'm not saying that Coach Martin was and still is not a great coach, but let's not kid ourselves here, there has to be more folks with their hands in the cookie jar who run GP.

Well said...