Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

All these coaches that you guys are named sound like more of the same to me.  I think Goodpasture needs a coach with playing experience that has a connection to the school and an ability to connect to the current players as well as the ability to connect to the community.  The only way Goodpasture competes with the other private schools (because that's what we really want) is to have a coach that makes parents feel that playing at Goodpasture would be good for their child.  Otherwise the Ensworths,  Brentwood Academy, and MBAs keep getting the majority of the talent even the talent that attends Goodpasture until middle school.  How many good players have you all lost to these schools in the last 5-6 years?  

The lower school team lost 1 game this year.  I know it's not the same as high school ball but it seems to me that you had talent and coaching on that level.  Will your new coach be able to keep that talent from leaving?  Will he be able to motivate the current players to play with pride and respect?  Goodpasture one of the only Christian based school in the heart of Northern Nashville.  Why aren't your doors being beat down by families in the area who want a good education and athletic experience for their kids?  Might be that your athletic program is missing an opportunity by looking across the state and even out of the state for what you have in your back door.  You guys have a coach who has a child who has attended Goodpasture since Kindergarden who played college ball and coached on the college and high school level.  He has all the credentials and experience to lead Goodpasture back to prominance.  I won't name him out of respect for the process but I sure hope and pray that those making the decision don't call the same play that they called on the last choice.  

I'm honestly tired of the schools in the lower half of Nashville thinking that they are better.  I believe in the core values of Goodpasture and I believe it's time for a fresh new start.  Not a recycled, refurbished one.

So the 2015 Region 5 - 3A teams were announced and it looks challenging to say the least.

Christ Presbyterian Academy

East Nashville

Goodpasture

Greenbrier

Stratford

White House Heritage

Whites Creek

On another note, I am confused about the other sports. I understand that the decision to play 3a football doesn't affect the other sports. Does that mean the other sports also have an option to play up? If the other sports do play 2A, would they be playing the schools listed under Region 5-2A football?

Football regions are only that. Football regions. The other sports will still be in Class A for two more years. At that time they will have the option to move up to Class AA or stay in Class A in all other sports. If they did move up they would be placed in a AA District but it would not necessarily be the same teams as their new 3A football region. It would probably be close to it, but it is not a given.

The reason football can move up now is because it does scheduling on a two year home-away rotation and they have been in Class 2A football for two years now.

Is this still a good job? Coming off an 0-10 season it obviously has nowhere else to go but up.

Yeah I think it is a great job.  If you look at the teams in that region there is no reason why Goodpasture shouldn't be at the top every year.  No school in this region can offer the educational opportunity that Goodpasture can.  I hate to say it because it really is shameful and unfair but public schools are still way behind in metro.

Any news on the coaching selection process?

There are a good amount of candidates for this job.  I do believe moving back to 3A was kind of a down point for certain candidates.  Alexander would be a quality hire, but he is always applying for other jobs and I don't think he would be a long-term fit.  2 other names that I'd keep an eye on are the OC at CPA, I think his name is Haywood....and BGA assistant David Peden. 

I can not confirm or deny who is doing the hiring, but from sources RP and a couple of board members are in charge of search. 

Haywood would end up being a monster home run, anyone would be lucky to have him as HC.