Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

Real exciting pick uh Eddie? This might last a couple of years at best. A very very mediocre hire. Eddie nobody worth their salt would apply with RP around. We will return for another coaching hire in 2016 or 17 at best. This name will attract nobody and certainly the Cougar Nation is not real excited about it. I would much rather seen them take a chance of an assistant than go in this direction. Sad day Eddie.

Interesting quote,

"First things first, you have to evaluate where you are and see who's there and not there," Joslin said. "We'll look and see who's coming up through the ranks with the middle school program. We have a natural feeder program, so that's a good thing."

Goodpasture also has a feeder program, something Pope John Paul II does not.

"It's a big difference," Joslin said. "You're heavily recruiting at JPII, trying to get the kids from the Parochial schools – usually St. Joseph's is one and Holy Rosary is another, and of course you've got to work Sumner County and try to get those kids. I think I did a good job of reaching out to those kids."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/12/15/joslin-take-goodpasture-football-program/20458725/

Interesting quote,

"First things first, you have to evaluate where you are and see who's there and not there," Joslin said. "We'll look and see who's coming up through the ranks with the middle school program. We have a natural feeder program, so that's a good thing."

Goodpasture also has a feeder program, something Pope John Paul II does not.

"It's a big difference," Joslin said. "You're heavily recruiting at JPII, trying to get the kids from the Parochial schools – usually St. Joseph's is one and Holy Rosary is another, and of course you've got to work Sumner County and try to get those kids. I think I did a good job of reaching out to those kids."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/12/15/joslin-take-goodpasture-football-program/20458725/

Thats it in a nutshell, its all about who can attract players. Glad he explained it so clearly for alot of people.

10-21 and 1-17 against d2-aa or something like that -recruiting must not be his bag. Brothers would have been a good choice but brothers is smart enough to know there maybe something in the water there. I think the problems at goodpasture are way bigger than Fb and way higher up try chain.

You are so right on target Buck. It is much bigger than football and that is why pasture had to settle again for what they could get in a coach. Word travels fast among coaches. It starts at the top. Until you change that, enjoy the view from the bottom. These are not impressive numbers.  

Facts on JJ 

State Championships    0

State Runner Up           0

Semi Finals                   0 

Quarter Finals               2

Career Winning Percentage  58.5%

Overall Playoff Record    10-19

You are so right on target Buck. It is much bigger than football and that is why pasture had to settle again for what they could get in a coach. Word travels fast among coaches. It starts at the top. Until you change that, enjoy the view from the bottom. These are not impressive numbers.

Facts on JJ

State Championships 0

State Runner Up 0

Semi Finals 0

Quarter Finals 2

Career Winning Percentage 58.5%

Overall Playoff Record 10-19

Do you really think they had to "settle" for

What they could get?? Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that they Milan coach was interviewed twice. Don't know if it is true or not. But you would think he had the best resume of all that applied. Wonder why he didn't get it if they had to "settle"???

10-21 and 1-17 against d2-aa or something like that -recruiting must not be his bag. Brothers would have been a good choice but brothers is smart enough to know there maybe something in the water there. I think the problems at goodpasture are way bigger than Fb and way higher up try chain.

Of all the people to be throwing records into the conversation... Don't you have some laundry that needs to be washed for coach Quinn over there? And be sure and tell NonUTFan hello for me! :rolleyes: