Goodpasture Football 2014

Rainwater

You are so right on target Buck. It is much bigger than football and that is why pasture had to settle again for what they could get in a coach. Word travels fast among coaches. It starts at the top. Until you change that, enjoy the view from the bottom. These are not impressive numbers.  

Facts on JJ 

State Championships    0

State Runner Up           0

Semi Finals                   0 

Quarter Finals               2

Career Winning Percentage  58.5%

Overall Playoff Record    10-1

Fabs:

How long was JJ at JP2? Was he coaching there when GP lost 2 straight years to JP2 recently? I believe Martin was still coaching at that time and one year GP had K Reynolds at QB. Must have a little something on the ball, if I am correct about his time there.

Fabs:

How long was JJ at JP2? Was he coaching there when GP lost 2 straight years to JP2 recently? I believe Martin was still coaching at that time and one year GP had K Reynolds at QB. Must have a little something on the ball, if I am correct about his time there.

Coach Joslin has only been at JP2 for 3 years. He was not there when JP2 beat Goodpasture. A guy named Golden Tate was, however, and that is how those two wins came about. Keenan was a freshman and sophmore those years I believe.

Do you really think they had to "settle" for

What they could get?? Earlier in this thread it was mentioned that they Milan coach was interviewed twice. Don't know if it is true or not. But you would think he had the best resume of all that applied. Wonder why he didn't get it if they had to "settle"???

Nobody want to take a stab at an answer to my question??

Nobody want to take a stab at an answer to my question??

Too busy arguing about who the fans wanted for the next whipping boy. I get the feeling that they think Goodpasture is somehow entitled to winning. If living up to the "mission" of the school is the foremost priority, that's great...was that the reason that the previous coach was run out of town? The administration should make it clear that only Church of Christ applicants will be considered, hire the best applicant, and the fans should shut up and let the guy build the program up or fail on his own. If they had the opportunity to hire Milan's coach and passed, yet feel that they had to settle for a lesser quality coach than they "deserved" at a program with their recent record...well what can you say about that?

Too busy arguing about who the fans wanted for the next whipping boy. I get the feeling that they think Goodpasture is somehow entitled to winning. If living up to the "mission" of the school is the foremost priority, that's great...was that the reason that the previous coach was run out of town? The administration should make it clear that only Church of Christ applicants will be considered, hire the best applicant, and the fans should shut up and let the guy build the program up or fail on his own. If they had the opportunity to hire Milan's coach and passed, yet feel that they had to settle for a lesser quality coach than they "deserved" at a program with their recent record...well what can you say about that?

Makes you think that he either didn't apply or they are not serious about winning at Goodpasture.

Coach Joslin has only been at JP2 for 3 years. He was not there when JP2 beat Goodpasture. A guy named Golden Tate was, however, and that is how those two wins came about. Keenan was a freshman and sophmore those years I believe.

Chief

I looked at GPS website, they lost to JP2 in the 2011 and 2012 seasons. Was JJ the coach then? Also I checked and the 2011 season was Reynolds senior year. I don't believe Tate played in 11 and 12 unless the NFL allowed him to come back to high school to play. I believe 12 was Martin's last year there as well. JJ may not have coached in 11 and 12, however if he did, these were impressive wins.

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the game in 2005 when Tate single handedly beat Goodpasture. One of the most impressive individual performances I have ever seen. The other was a running back named Eric Gardner for Stratford against McGavock in 1992 when he had over 300 yards rushing on 10 carries. Both teams had come into the game at 7-0. Davidson Academy coach Jonathan Quinn was the quarterback for McGavock then.

Reynolds was a senior in the 2011 season. Most of his weapons had graduated the year before when they were state runner up. In 2012 the Cougars ended the season with an 8th grader at quarterback who just happened to transfer to JP 2 the next year. Joslin came to JP2 in 2012 so he coached the one win the year after Reynolds graduated.

• 3 weeks later...

I stand corrected. I was thinking of the game in 2005 when Tate single handedly beat Goodpasture. One of the most impressive individual performances I have ever seen. The other was a running back named Eric Gardner for Stratford against McGavock in 1992 when he had over 300 yards rushing on 10 carries. Both teams had come into the game at 7-0. Davidson Academy coach Jonathan Quinn was the quarterback for McGavock then.

Reynolds was a senior in the 2011 season. Most of his weapons had graduated the year before when they were state runner up. In 2012 the Cougars ended the season with an 8th grader at quarterback who just happened to transfer to JP 2 the next year. Joslin came to JP2 in 2012 so he coached the one win the year after Reynolds graduated.

Milan was the runner-up the previous year. Not Goodpasture.

Milan was the runner-up the previous year. Not Goodpasture.

Incorrect. Goodpasture lost to Alcoa in the Championship of the 2010 season.

As I stated, Keenan was a senior during the 2011 season. That is the fall of his senior year 2012.

Since I said it was the year before when he had all his weapons that would be the fall of 2010.