YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE

Buddha14

I'd be sure to stick with Andrews and Haysville, Murphy and Swain are different animals.

Murphy would curp stomp CB this season. Murphy hasn't won the North Carolina 1A championship 3 out of the last 5 seasons for nothing. I wouldn't mind Fannin County,Murray County or Christian Heritage(Dalton,Georgia) being on the schedule at some point.

Edited by BigDave1967

Your record is just that.  It is what is left behind when the game, the season, your high school career is over.  No matter what you intended on doing or was capable of, this is what you are.  I believe that some teams could've, should've, would've been state champions or beat certain teams in the season, but the record tells the story.  It is what people will remember when they look back on the season. 

Why does Murphy and Swain get to play Andrews and Hayesville are you implying that Copper Basin could not play Murphy and Swain.

Murphy has 475 students which outnumbers every school in NC 1A by 200+. Murphy was allowed to stay in 1A because of the very long driving times they would have to games in 2A or 3A. Murphy has won the 1A Championship in NC 3 of the last 5 seasons and Swain is in the Playoffs every season usually losing to Murphy last game of the season then in the Playoffs.

Edited by BigDave1967

I know this topic makes for good conversation but good grief I think some of you need to stop whining so much. For one, Cosby shouldn't have trouble scheduling weaker opponents because they're usually not any good and that's on your coaches as far as scheduling goes. You act like Cosby is alcoa when it comes to finding opponents to play.

Murphy has 475 students which outnumbers every school in NC 1A by 200+. Murphy was allowed to stay in 1A because of the very long driving times they would have to games in 2A or 3A. Murphy has won the 1A Championship in NC 3 of the last 5 seasons and Swain is in the Playoffs every season usually losing to Murphy last game of the season then in the Playoffs.

NC has big and small 1a.

I thought all 1A schools in NC were small like in Tennessee and Georgia

No ,when the playoff rolls around, you are either big or small. Its a little different over there. Avery Co is right across the state line from me,they play in a district with about 6 other schools,all the schools are big 1a except them and one more school. They win that one game and they are in the playoffs.