YOU ARE WHAT YOUR RECORD SAYS YOU ARE

Buddha14

I don't think your theory holds water. One Example Oakdale is currently 4-0 and it predicted to be 5-0 after tonight. Are they what their record says they are? Not bashing Oakdale. From looking at the Oakdale posters, they are just happy for the teams success this year. They have ever had this many win in the last several years. They understand they have played a "weak" schedule. They know they are not a top 10-20 team. So this throws the "your what your record says you are" out the window. Some polls use your theory and they are bad polls.

I don't think your theory holds water. One Example Oakdale is currently 4-0 and it predicted to be 5-0 after tonight. Are they what their record says they are? Not bashing Oakdale. From looking at the Oakdale posters, they are just happy for the teams success this year. They have ever had this many win in the last several years. They understand they have played a "weak" schedule. They know they are not a top 10-20 team. So this throws the "your what your record says you are" out the window. Some polls use your theory and they are bad polls.

Same with Scotts Hill. We have been a football school for five seasons, started 3-0 against a weaker schedule, and the Jackson Sun included us in their "dirty dozen"...we're getting better, and really appreciate the recognition for it, but get real people...when you choose your own opponents ( parody is a word hardly ever used in high school sports ), some good teams will have bad records as well as some mediocre teams having good records. The playoffs will verify this, watch how many games don't follow your theory when it matters.

I know this topic makes for good conversation but good grief I think some of you need to stop whining so much. For one, Cosby shouldn't have trouble scheduling weaker opponents because they're usually not any good and that's on your coaches as far as scheduling goes. You act like Cosby is alcoa when it comes to finding opponents to play.

Geography is our biggest problem when it comes to scheduling. All we have around us are larger schools. Call a team 2 hours or more away that you may be able to beat and see if they will come....they won't ! Trust me we tried! None of our coaches or fans wanted to start the season with three 3A schools and Cloudland. But if we want to play 10 games we have to

What southwest teams you calling podunka? Hope you talking east and middle. because the same 5. or6. Teams represent the east every year .West puts a new team every year.

Wow! I made up an imaginary school called southwest Podunk school for nurses and nuns to use as an example for a bad team so I didn't hurt anyone's feelings and I still managed to do it. READ the whole post before you jump to conclusions there chief!

Geography is our biggest problem when it comes to scheduling. All we have around us are larger schools. Call a team 2 hours or more away that you may be able to beat and see if they will come....they won't ! Trust me we tried! None of our coaches or fans wanted to start the season with three 3A schools and Cloudland. But if we want to play 10 games we have to

That makes sense. Your location does put you all in a bad situation. I Should've thought before I commented.

“You are what your record says you are.â€

- Bill Parcells, Former NFL Coach and Superbowl Winner

It is amazing how many folks on here think their team is better than the record indicates.  

probably the most stupidest thread and post iv ever seen your an idiot.. go get on the soccer thread dude nobody cares lol............. coach-t rookie

probably the most stupidest thread and post iv ever seen your an idiot.. go get on the soccer thread dude nobody cares lol............. coach-t rookie

Most stupidest?

Followed by no period after seen.

And finally "you're"

Now I'm not a smart feller but I try not to look stupid while calling someone stupid.

Yes I'm joking