William Blount @ Jefferson County

Governm

That program has been on a downslide ever since Craig Kisabeth left there. He was a darn good coach.

Kisabeth was on a downfall himself in his final years there after some of his better assistants left. Scott Meadows instantly made Jeff County a contender again with those 9-4 and 10-2 seasons under him. JC has done nothing (other than 8-3 in 2012) since he left.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kisabeth was on a downfall himself in his final years there after some of his better assistants left. Scott Meadows instantly made Jeff County a contender again with those 9-4 and 10-2 seasons under him. JC has done nothing (other than 8-3 in 2012) since he left.

True. Barring the Meadows years they have done much of nothing. Shoot I remember back in the day when you played Jeff County you had better strap it on tight. Even if you came out on top you were going to feel it the next day with them big corn fed country boys haha

Worse beating I have ever seen OR take was in '87 in the 1st RD of the playoffs. My dad took me to that game and I wished we had of never went. 51-zip. Brutal beatdown which brought on the first of the Gaddis era. That game was the end of Bill Young at OR.

I bet you're glad the Gaddis era began after that though, LOL.

As for JC, their feeder programs have fallen so far bc of favoritism and politics. AD Randy Rogers' wife is the BOYS basketball coach at one of the middle schools, and evidently Rogers (who has 3 sons in sports) is over all the feeder programs. Geez

I bet you're glad the Gaddis era began after that though, LOL.

As for JC, their feeder programs have fallen so far bc of favoritism and politics. AD Randy Rogers' wife is the BOYS basketball coach at one of the middle schools, and evidently Rogers (who has 3 sons in sports) is over all the feeder programs. Geez

For sure lol. We went from being a mediocre team in '87 to back 2 back undefeated regular seasons in' 88 and '89 under JG. Young was a great man, but Gaddis is just a lot better coach. Sounds like it's all politics @ JC and I hate that. It's amazing what a power hungry person can do when they get full reigns of something. They will take a program down just out of stubborness to do things the way they want things done. It's truly sad some people are that way. Amazing. No one person is bigger than the whole of a program.

I'll admit that I don't know a whole lot about jeff county but imo they didn't seem to have much talent when we have played them. But they usually have a pretty decent record and have given Sevier County fits. So my question is could it be that the situation isn't that bad up there? Could it be that the old timers are just living in the past and have unrealistic expectations?

For sure lol. We went from being a mediocre team in '87 to back 2 back undefeated regular seasons in' 88 and '89 under JG. Young was a great man, but Gaddis is just a lot better coach. Sounds like it's all politics @ JC and I hate that. It's amazing what a power hungry person can do when they get full reigns of something. They will take a program down just out of stubborness to do things the way they want things done. It's truly sad some people are that way. Amazing. No one person is bigger than the whole of a program.

No kidding about that. He loves his authority (I know first hand).

Gaddis would probably have more state titles if not for those pesky Oakland Patriots in '88 and '89, and that overachieving Jeff County team in 1996. Riverdale was a special team in '93 and '94, but it looked like they overachieved in the '95 playoffs.

No kidding about that. He loves his authority (I know first hand).

Gaddis would probably have more state titles if not for those pesky Oakland Patriots in '88 and '89, and that overachieving Jeff County team in 1996. Riverdale was a special team in '93 and '94, but it looked like they overachieved in the '95 playoffs.

All credit to Jeff Co in '96 for beating us, but their isn't any excuse at all for them beating us in that game. We were loaded and just came out unprepared for that game. Had the talent to win it all in '95 and '96 and squandered it all away. And 91 Jeff County is a HUGE school. I have a hard time believing their still isn't a lot of talent at that school it just has no direction or leadership. Whoever the coaches are there I'm sure are doing all they can, but they aren't getting the maximum talent out there on that field and if they're they aren't being used accordingly. Granted that '87 team was a once in a lifetime kind of team, but their ain't no way in heck anybody can tell me that a school that has 2,000 students doesn't have a lot of talent sprinkled in there somewhere. They may not have the talent there that they did in the 80's and 90's, but no way in he** should they be a 3-4 win a year team.

Edited by SweetScience

I'll admit that I don't know a whole lot about jeff county but imo they didn't seem to have much talent when we have played them. But they usually have a pretty decent record and have given Sevier County fits. So my question is could it be that the situation isn't that bad up there? Could it be that the old timers are just living in the past and have unrealistic expectations?

I'm a Jeff County grad, so I've seen it first hand. Parents are raising their kids to be soft, which causes them to have a sense of entitlement to playing time due to how successful their parents are (or how good of a football player their dad was for JC back in the glory days). Politics is another problem as mentioned, as is the feeder programs.

Btw, my senior year was when WB beat them 38-35 after trailing 28-0. What a game that was!

All credit to Jeff Co in '96 for beating us, but their isn't any excuse at all for them beating us in that game. We were loaded and just came out unprepared for that game. Had the talent to win it all in '95 and '96 and squandered it all away. And 91 Jeff County is a HUGE school. I have a hard time believing their still isn't a lot of talent at that school it just has no direction or leadership. Whoever the coaches are there I'm sure are doing all they can, but they aren't getting the maximum talent out there on that field and if they're they aren't being used accordingly. Granted that '87 team was a once in a lifetime kind of team, but their ain't no way in heck anybody can tell me that a school that has 2,000 students doesn't have a lot of talent sprinkled in there somewhere. They may not have the talent there that they did in the 80's and 90's, but no way in he** should they be a 3-4 win a year team.

Seriously, especially since JC is the ONLY school in the county. Every other county around them has at least 2 high schools.

All credit to Jeff Co in '96 for beating us, but their isn't any excuse at all for them beating us in that game. We were loaded and just came out unprepared for that game. Had the talent to win it all in '95 and '96 and squandered it all away. And 91 Jeff County is a HUGE school. I have a hard time believing their still isn't a lot of talent at that school it just has no direction or leadership. Whoever the coaches are there I'm sure are doing all they can, but they aren't getting the maximum talent out there on that field and if they're they aren't being used accordingly. Granted that '87 team was a once in a lifetime kind of team, but their ain't no way in heck anybody can tell me that a school that has 2,000 students doesn't have a lot of talent sprinkled in there somewhere.

WB is the biggest school in blount county by a few hundred. So why haven't we won a goldball yet? School size don't mean squat. Maybe the good athletes at Jeff Co don't come out for football or something. But based off of what I have seen they don't appear to be a team that could be a contender in 6A. Edited by Governors91