5-0 AC at 1-4 Powell game preview

Mav4life

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought last year was a breakdown. The game was closer than the score would indicate.

The game was closer than the score, Ill give you that, but still makes me nervous when last year we should have been a solid 2 scores better and we lose like we did.  You never know what might happen, not just looking at the opponent, but ourselves as well, I want to see this team hungry because they have a chance to do something no other team has done with this season and it takes a killer mentality to accomplish those goals, that means beating a team you are 3 scores better than but 5 scores, know what I mean?  I have all the confidence in the world in this team and think they will get it done, just wired that way I guess, if we were playing Karns again I would still be nervous about how we come out lol.

The game was closer than the score, Ill give you that, but still makes me nervous when last year we should have been a solid 2 scores better and we lose like we did. You never know what might happen, not just looking at the opponent, but ourselves as well, I want to see this team hungry because they have a chance to do something no other team has done with this season and it takes a killer mentality to accomplish those goals, that means beating a team you are 3 scores better than but 5 scores, know what I mean? I have all the confidence in the world in this team and think they will get it done, just wired that way I guess, if we were playing Karns again I would still be nervous about how we come out lol.

I hear you M4L!! We're a lot alike in that way. I'm always concerned no matter who it is lol! Powell or Halls or especially Central, all teams we are "supposed" to beat could easily slip up on us. We gotta take care of business.

I hear you M4L!! We're a lot alike in that way. I'm always concerned no matter who it is lol! Powell or Halls or especially Central, all teams we are "supposed" to beat could easily slip up on us. We gotta take care of business.

yup, the Central game scares me because of the short week, it being at Central on TV and with the big Catholic game approaching, all that coupled with the fact that we put 60 on them last season and they got beat by CC who we beat all could put the players in a mindset that is the makings of a trap game if our kids can not stay focused.  I believe that Is a game we should win by 3-4 scores but could also lose if we are not ready