Wayne Co at Fayetteville

wildcat89

Big, I agree FHS will up the intensity on Friday when the 'Cats come to town. Our boys left last week with a nasty taste in their mouths, and are pumped to show how good they can be. We scored 97 points and gave up 21 in our first two games, gave up 42 and only scored 23 in the last two. The Tiger fans are pumped too, ready to see what we can do against a good WC team coming to Tiger Hill. The last couple of games between the two programs have been pretty exciting, but WC has managed to pull out the wins. That will change Friday. Our turnover numbers are low, takeaways are high. We will score on you, on the ground and through the air. Our defense scores also, though it didn't last week against Moore. MTCS has an awesome quarterback, but we were in his face pressuring him the whole game. Same same on Friday. Rice is a potentially great QB, but we will be bringing the heat. And, I hope our blocking and tackling gets better so we can cancel out your ground game. It would be stupid to say it will be a blowout, but I'm predicting a win for Fayetteville by 14. C'mon, we'll leave the lights on for ya!

WC defense has been playing lights out, playing very physical and bringing it every play. On offense WC has an experienced senior line with one getting several college offers, I look for Rice to be well protected and our blocking assignments are well understood by these lineman. If our guards can reach Fayettevilles linebackers these big backs will run wild! Go Cats!!

WC defense has been playing lights out, playing very physical and bringing it every play. On offense WC has an experienced senior line with one getting several college offers, I look for Rice to be well protected and our blocking assignments are well understood by these lineman. If our guards can reach Fayettevilles linebackers these big backs will run wild! Go Cats!!

It seems that offensively both our teams are evenly matched.  Might come down to defense and turnovers.  Only from reading these posts I'm guessing your young defense is prone to a few costly mistakes, and that's all we'll need.  That's what's so crazy, either the over/under will be huge or it could turn out to be decided by a field goal or extra point.  Don't know anything about your special teams--are they up to the task?

It seems that offensively both our teams are evenly matched. Might come down to defense and turnovers. Only from reading these posts I'm guessing your young defense is prone to a few costly mistakes, and that's all we'll need. That's what's so crazy, either the over/under will be huge or it could turn out to be decided by a field goal or extra point. Don't know anything about your special teams--are they up to the task?

wc defense is not young all around, just in places. WC line is seasoned and will have a three year starter back at tackle this week. The linebackers are juniors and a sophomore and same at corners and safety, one freshman will be in the mix in the secondary.

Fayetteville's combined opponent record: 8-12

Teams they beat Richland & community: 0-10

Teams they lost to MTCS & Moore Co: 8-2

WC's combined opponent record: 9-15

Teams they beat Decatur, C'wood, Moore Co & Perry Co: 5-15

Team they lost to Hickman Co: 4-0

Common opponent is Moore Co.

WC beat MC 33-7

Fayetteville lost to MC 20-14

Edited by wildcatalumni

Fayetteville's combined opponent record: 8-12

Teams they beat Richland & community: 0-10

Teams they lost to MTCS & Moore Co: 8-2

WC's combined opponent record: 9-15

Teams they beat Decatur, C'wood, Moore Co & Perry Co: 5-15

Team they lost to Hickman Co: 4-0

Common opponent is Moore Co.

WC beat MC 33-7

Fayetteville lost to MC 20-14

Be hard to go against the cats in this one with those statistics.