Week 6: William Blount at Lenoir City

BigDave1967

I know that you can't help who plays in your district and I don't fault you guys for the teams in your districts. Having said that, you have got to respect the teams that WB plays week in and week out. Hearing you guys tell it we are a terrible team. But the fact of the matter is we are an ok team that plays in a murderer's row district. We have typically been a bottom dweller 3-7 team but I guarantee you we would beat the majority of 3-7 or 4-6 teams in other districts and would even beat some 6-4 teams from other districts. We are better than you think we are, that's all i'm saying. You have got to respect the competition we play on a weekly basis.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares? Where were they when the playoffs when we were in the Semi's in 2010 and the QTR-Finals in 2011? Nowhere to be found. One huge reason why Farragut has beaten us recently is because we don't schedule a week 0 game and they do. That makes a whail of a difference whether anyone believes that or not. And where has this great district gotten WB? Nowhere, so what does it really matter? Still have to win the games, 91.

It hasn't gotten us anywhere, that's the point SS. My point is we would have a much better chance to contend for a playoff spot in other districts.

I know that you can't help who plays in your district and I don't fault you guys for the teams in your districts. Having said that, you have got to respect the teams that WB plays week in and week out. Hearing you guys tell it we are a terrible team. But the fact of the matter is we are an ok team that plays in a murderer's row district. We have typically been a bottom dweller 3-7 team but I guarantee you we would beat the majority of 3-7 or 4-6 teams in other districts and would even beat some 6-4 teams from other districts. We are better than you think we are, that's all i'm saying. You have got to respect the competition we play on a weekly basis.

I respect that you play Maryville, that's about it.

BUT, you would still get beat because WB hasn't been that good. So, what does it matter if you don't take the cake?

Well... Isn't making the playoffs better than not taking the playoffs? You may not realize this but fans of teams that don't make the playoffs would be happy with a playoff berth. Of course I don't really expect you to you to understand that seeing that your team makes the playoffs every year.

Well... Isn't making the playoffs better than not taking the playoffs? You may not realize this but fans of teams that don't make the playoffs would be happy with a playoff berth. Of course I don't really expect you to you to understand that seeing that your team makes the playoffs every year.

I mean I love making the playoffs don't get me wrong, but making the playoffs ultimately isn't the goal. Winning the title is. At least it still is in OR, even though it has been 23 years now.

I get what you are trying to say though SS. If OR was in 4AAA ya'll would still be near the top, after maryville of course. But ya'll wouldn't be nearly as dominant in this district and getting wins would actually be a challenge for you guys. And let's be honest... Were ya'll ever really challenged before last year?

But you don't respect Farragut? The team that has pretty much dominated ya'll the last decade. And What about Knox West?

I respect every team we play. West has been real good since 2010. I respect them. Farragut I do respect them. But, why keep complaining about who you play? If you were good enough y'all could and would beat them, so what does it matter? Am I right?

I get what you are trying to say though SS. If OR was in 4AAA ya'll would still be near the top, after maryville of course. But ya'll wouldn't be nearly as dominant in this district and getting wins would actually be a challenge for you guys. And let's be honest... Were ya'll ever really challenged before last year?

Uhhh, yeah. Powell had a pretty good ballclub in 2010 and 2011. In case you missed it they went to state and just about won it.

I respect every team we play. West has been real good since 2010. I respect them. Farragut I do respect them. But, why keep complaining about who you play? If you were good enough y'all could and would beat them, so what does it matter? Am I right?

You are partially right. We haven't beaten those teams and it's on us. But it's not because we aren't good enough. The potential is there and has always been there, but we underachieve. Like this year. we would most likely be sitting at 4-1 right now if Fair had been playing offense all year and we hadn't turned the ball over so dang much up to this point. Of course that is all irrelevant now and it's purely speculative. But the fact remains that we are better than our record indicates and that has been the case every year. I know that doesn't really mean anything, but it's the truth. And it's why you shouldn't fault me for thinking we have a shot next week. Edited by Governors91