Week 6: William Blount at Lenoir City

BigDave1967

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are partially right. We haven't beaten those teams and it's on us. But it's not because we aren't good enough. The potential is there and has always been there, but we underachieve. Like this year. we would most likely be sitting at 4-1 right now if Fair had been playing offense all year and we hadn't turned the ball over so dang much up to this point. Of course that is all irrelevant now and it's purely speculative. But the fact remains that we are better than our record indicates and that has been the case every year. I know that doesn't really mean anything, but it's the truth. And it's why you shouldn't fault me for thinking we have a shot next week.

Just curious as to when "that is no longer the case"?

And I don't fault you for thinking you have a shot next week. I fault you for thinking this week is in the bag.

Edited by Knoxvul

Yeah, i saw. But outside of a few exceptions ya'll have pretty much bulldozed that district.

It's a weak district, but it isn't like we can help it. It's just the teams that are normally historically good just aren't right now. Not much we can do about it man. Either way if we do good in the playoffs it isn't going to mean jacksh** who we played in the regular season anyways. Thankfully HS football is how you do in the playoffs for the most part.

Just curious as to when "that is no longer the case"?

And I don't fault you for thinking you have a shot next week. I fault you for thinking this week is in the bag.

Uh if you read my first post in this thread you would know that I specifically said that this week is "not" in the bag. Go see it if you don't believe me. But we should win this one.. But that has been the case several times and we got beat.

Uh if you read my first post in this thread you would know that I specifically said that this week is "not" in the bag. Go see it if you don't believe me. But we should win this one.. But that has been the case several times and we got beat.

Yeah, I read it, but deep down you think it is already a W! Say what Ya want! Kind of like Loudon, huh?

And if you don't? Will it still be excuses as to why you are better than your record indicates?

It will happen, it's only a matter of time. And we are going in the right direction at the moment. I don't make excuses, I just call it like I see it. Like last year when we lost to LC 20-17. That loss fell squarely on our coaching staff. They decided to experiment and put a new guy in at QB when our other two QBs were perfectly fine and ready to go. And they left him in for 3 quarters! And our offense sputtered as a result. We got down but when we put the Starting QB in the 4th we came back. Seeing as we only lost by 3 and our starting QB only played a quarter despite being healthy from the start it's not unreasonable for me to think that we should have won that dang game. You will never hear me complain when we flat out get beat by a much better team. But you will hear me complain when we lose games that we could have and should have won. In that regard i'm no different than anybody else. Edited by Governors91

It will happen, it's only a matter of time. And we are going in the right direction at the moment. I don't make excuses, I just call it like I see it. Like last year when we lost to LC 20-17. That loss fell squarely on our coaching staff. They decided to experiment and put a new guy in at QB when our other two QBs were perfectly fine and ready to go. And they left him in for 3 quarters! And our offense sputtered as a result. We got down but when we put the Starting QB in the 4th we came back. Seeing as we only lost by 3 and our starting QB only played a quarter despite being healthy from the start it's not unreasonable for me to think that we should have won that dang game. You will never hear me complain when we flat out get beat by a much better team. But you will hear me complain when we lose games that we could have and should have won. In that regard i'm no different than anybody else.

Well by what you just stated you guys should be undefeated so far this year!

If they had Fair they would've won that game, bro. Sorry 91 I had to.

We might have. Keep in mind he has rushed for well over 400 yards and 6 tds in only 2 games. Having a guy like that changes everything. Also keep in mind that we had less than 100 yards rushing as a team in each of the first 3 games. Edited by Governors91

We might have. Keep in mind he has rushed for well over 400 yards and 6 tds in only 2 games. Having a guy like that changes everything. Also keep in mind that we had less than 100 yards rushing as a team in the first 3 games.

Well, from what I hear it has been the QB play probably more than anything. If the QB is a threat to pass the ball and be good at it then that will open up the run game. My daddy always told me a good RB are a dime a dozen.