Week 7: Oak Ridge at Karns

BigDave1967

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nole. What's the deal with Middleton? You know anything?

I heard it was neck or back or both. I also asked someone who should know and was told it was NOT a discipline issue which is good. I'll bet they are being extra cautious. He didn't practice the one day this week that I was able to watch but he was there.

Nole, you are correct sir!  Future looks very bright.  If we can find some good lineman to help 55 Verner next year, we are in business.  Do you know of any lineman prospects besides Brinkman?

#79 soph. Joey Kocak  is getting a little varsity time. He is about 6'6" 250 already. JMac would be a great guard but his future is defense. Hostetler, Mlekodaj, and Fitchpatrick are good but need weight. There are a couple of 6'3" 250's just learning to play. There are so many soph linemen that I think competition in the weight room and the spring will cause a couple to blossom.  Present junior Hunter Gray could be pretty good at guard.

Of the older guys, look for Alcorn and/or Warmbrod to play a little OLine next year (just my own opinion)

With OR being on the rise, there is always the possibility of a transfer or two.

Edited by OR nole

Was at Robertsville and Jefferson game last night.  The future looks very bright. With all the RB's coming up there what are the Wildcats going to do? You have Jones, Allison, and Nickerson returning and anyone of them could start at any time. The JV player #10 Kimbro is darn good too and the freshman Simpson is good on highlights. I know it's middle school but the three kids coming up 2 from #6 and #7 from RMS and #22 from JMS are not shabby either. I think the the 2 RMS kids are as fast as anyone in the backfield now.  A lot of athletes on the field. #2 for JMS is a good leader and heck of a defensive guy and the QB for RMS throws a good ball. I was impressed with both teams although the score seemed lopsided.

#79 soph. Joey Kocak  is getting a little varsity time. He is about 6'6" 250 already. JMac would be a great guard but his future is defense. Hostetler, Mlekodaj, and Fitchpatrick are good but need weight. There are a couple of 6'3" 250's just learning to play. There are so many soph linemen that I think competition in the weight room and the spring will cause a couple to blossom.  Present junior Hunter Gray could be pretty good at guard.

Of the older guys, look for Alcorn and/or Warmbrod to play a little OLine next year (just my own opinion)

With OR being on the rise, there is always the possibility of a transfer or two.

Tennessee needs to scout Kocak you can't coach size! B)  :thumb:  ;)

Was at Robertsville and Jefferson game last night. The future looks very bright. With all the RB's coming up there what are the Wildcats going to do? You have Jones, Allison, and Nickerson returning and anyone of them could start at any time. The JV player #10 Kimbro is darn good too and the freshman Simpson is good on highlights. I know it's middle school but the three kids coming up 2 from #6 and #7 from RMS and #22 from JMS are not shabby either. I think the the 2 RMS kids are as fast as anyone in the backfield now. A lot of athletes on the field. #2 for JMS is a good leader and heck of a defensive guy and the QB for RMS throws a good ball. I was impressed with both teams although the score seemed lopsided.

Did any of the RB's have blazing speed?