Community @ Forrest

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Random Thoughts:

- The crowd was just fine. The rain came in the 4th and many left. Overall I didn't see any drop in support at all. 

- Community is AWFUL. Their middle school just won the district but their High School cannot win or even compete in a single game? How does that happen?

- "Pride" was slightly better than average. That's it. 

- The Vikes D looked like mannequins out there. Frozen in place, slow to cut, just cumbersome to watch. 

- The game itself was competitive for about 5-6 minutes. 

- The TD Community did score, the kid's knee was down. No one cared. They were pitiful. 

- Community kept it from being worse because our JV played the entire second half. Forrest's JV and Community's varsity played to a 7-6 result.

- It was a best case scenario for Forrest.  A win that was needed and no injuries. 

- With most of the guys back last Friday, Forrest was night and day better. Should be at full strength for MTCS on the 23rd. 

- Forrest realizes their season rests on this next game. They are all about it. 10 days to prepare. All but #12 should be back. 

- #7 did a very admirable job as a Freshman QB starter. Minimal issues and did what he had to do. 

- A great Friday overall to be a Rocket. Much needed. 

I do not believe that Forrest's season rides on the game this week. I do however believe this game is very critical. If they win (which there is a decent chance they will) it would certainly help come playoff time' however if they do not win, it would not be the end of the world so to speak. Next week however will certainly determine how things go for Forrest (although they will win that game).

Now to Community: Years ago Community started a football program and never put the money needed into that program. No one want's to hear it but football takes money. If Community wants to become competitive year in and year out they must be willing to spend money. My commninty loves football, but Community from administration down to coaches do not understand football. I am not trying to knock anyone or comdim anyone, just trying to make people aware. For years I have seen coaches watching a football game instead of coaching a football game. All position coaches should always watch their players and on every change of position coach those players on what they have seen. Administration should learn how to help the kids and how to help the coaching staff and learn about football. For years I saw my son (and other kids) practice in a cow pasture, push around the worst sled ever (rusted with virtually no padding) and almost always get left out on the cold so to speak (things promised and never delivered, over and over). Again I am not blaming anyone as I think many people did not know and others did not understand, and no one wants to spend the money. Heck last year my son along with all the seniors did not even get to have a banquet. No time to be recognized or honored for their years of hard work.....and that is just one thing, of many. Last fall my son was teaching coaches and players D-lineman technique, and that will never work (as he did not know nearely enough). Again not condiming anyone as it was great the coaches were even listening and learning. But everyone inviolved with this program needs to learn more and needs to do more and much of that will come from more money. Simply hireing a new coach will never solve the problems Community is facing. These kids desirve more and they are not getting it; therefore sometimes kids do not give. In football you need to sell out....I mean give everything in the weight room, give everything in practitice, forgo many of the things other kids do, and the program around the kids must also do the same.....sell out for the kids, and Community does not do that.

Community is not a new program anymore; however this program must spend the money needed and must build (for years) the right way. That may be hiring more coaches, or providing better facilities, and better training. If the "program" improves" the kids will improve and more kids will become involved.

I am not trying to hinder growth or trying to rip on anyone. I want Community to succeed, but I think the kids desirve better than they have been given over the past many years. Community must go back to the drawing board so to speak; they must create a plan of action for building the program......and that is not simply hireing a coach and hoping for the best.

I do not believe that Forrest's season rides on the game this week. I do however believe this game is very critical. If they win (which there is a decent chance they will) it would certainly help come playoff time' however if they do not win, it would not be the end of the world so to speak. Next week however will certainly determine how things go for Forrest (although they will win that game).

Now to Community: Years ago Community started a football program and never put the money needed into that program. No one want's to hear it but football takes money. If Community wants to become competitive year in and year out they must be willing to spend money. My commninty loves football, but Community from administration down to coaches do not understand football. I am not trying to knock anyone or comdim anyone, just trying to make people aware. For years I have seen coaches watching a football game instead of coaching a football game. All position coaches should always watch their players and on every change of position coach those players on what they have seen. Administration should learn how to help the kids and how to help the coaching staff and learn about football. For years I saw my son (and other kids) practice in a cow pasture, push around the worst sled ever (rusted with virtually no padding) and almost always get left out on the cold so to speak (things promised and never delivered, over and over). Again I am not blaming anyone as I think many people did not know and others did not understand, and no one wants to spend the money. Heck last year my son along with all the seniors did not even get to have a banquet. No time to be recognized or honored for their years of hard work.....and that is just one thing, of many. Last fall my son was teaching coaches and players D-lineman technique, and that will never work (as he did not know nearely enough). Again not condiming anyone as it was great the coaches were even listening and learning. But everyone inviolved with this program needs to learn more and needs to do more and much of that will come from more money. Simply hireing a new coach will never solve the problems Community is facing. These kids desirve more and they are not getting it; therefore sometimes kids do not give. In football you need to sell out....I mean give everything in the weight room, give everything in practitice, forgo many of the things other kids do, and the program around the kids must also do the same.....sell out for the kids, and Community does not do that.

Community is not a new program anymore; however this program must spend the money needed and must build (for years) the right way. That may be hiring more coaches, or providing better facilities, and better training. If the "program" improves" the kids will improve and more kids will become involved.

I am not trying to hinder growth or trying to rip on anyone. I want Community to succeed, but I think the kids desirve better than they have been given over the past many years. Community must go back to the drawing board so to speak; they must create a plan of action for building the program......and that is not simply hireing a coach and hoping for the best.

You have hit it on the head!  This school never had a plan from the start. They were going to start slow and build but a few parents did not want to do that.

They had money at the start to get the field and lights but there is only so much money in this community. More money would help but that is  not the biggest issue.

They have never had enough quality coaches. Coaching does make a difference. This is where the  administration has to find people who are qualified as both teacher and coach. In todays educational climate this is difficult. 

Can they win? It will take a very special person to change the culture of losing. Losing breeds losing and kids don't want to be humiliated every week. It can be done but as Butch says it must be done one brick at a time. As you said they must start over and do it the right way this time with a plan. Good luck!