2014 Memphis Tigers - What do you think?

kwc

I think the Liberty Bowl would invite the winner of the American or CUSA to play an SEC team. I think Temple will beat Memphis so I lean toward Temple winning the American conference. I think the Liberty will invite either Temple,Memphis or UAB(East Carolina will win CUSA and go to the Tournament)to play LSU,Kentucky or Tennessee

I know it's hard for most folks to even fathom the U of M actually being good. But ... they are ... and they aren't just good ... but they are VERY GOOD.

I made bold your statement concerning Temple. I know Temple is 3-1 ... but 3-1 against WHO exactly? They beat an 0-5 Vandy fist game of the season ... and we now know that the HC at Vandy is NOT up to the task. Then they beat an 0-4 Deleware State, and they also beat an 1-4 Uconn, (who's one lone win is a 3 point victory, at home,  against a 2-4 Stony Brook). Temple's one loss, came at home against a now 2-4 Navy team. This (Temple) is the team that is suppose to beat a Memphis team that has played in front of 70,000 plus at the Rose Bowl and almost beat the #11 team in the country. The same U of M team that went to Ole Miss in front of 70,000 plus, against the then #10 team in the county, and slogged tooth and nail with them until they finally succomb to that top ranked 'D' late in the 4th quarter; the same Ole Miss that hosted the #3 team and beat them a week later in Alabama. Then, the following week, after they (Memphis) lost to Ole Miss, in the fashion to which they did ... then TRAVELED to Cinicinatti ... and put over 600 yards of offense with the 3rd string RB while holding them to two scores ... completely anihilating the pre-season selected top American Conference team at home. This same team is going to travel to Temple, the same Temple who hasn't played anybody on the level to which the U of M has competed against ... and lose to them? That doesn't sound logical to me. That makes sense to you?

Oh well.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's hard for most folks to even fathom the U of M actually being good. But ... they are ... and they aren't just good ... but they are VERY GOOD.

I made bold your statement concerning Temple. I know Temple is 3-1 ... but 3-1 against WHO exactly? They beat an 0-5 Vandy fist game of the season ... and we now know that the HC at Vandy is NOT up to the task. Then they beat an 0-4 Deleware State, and they also beat an 1-4 Uconn, (who's one lone win is a 3 point victory, at home,  against a 2-4 Stony Brook). Temple's one loss, came at home against a now 2-4 Navy team. This (Temple) is the team that is suppose to beat a Memphis team that has played in front of 70,000 plus at the Rose Bowl and almost beat the #11 team in the country. The same U of M team that went to Ole Miss in front of 70,000 plus, against the then #10 team in the county, and slogged tooth and nail with them until they finally succomb to that top ranked 'D' late in the 4th quarter; the same Ole Miss that hosted the #3 team and beat them a week later in Alabama. Then, the following week, after they (Memphis) lost to Ole Miss, in the fashion to which they did ... then TRAVELED to Cinicinatti ... and put over 600 yards of offense while holding them two scores ... completely anihilating them at home. This same team is going to travel to Temple ... and lose to them? That doesn't sound logical to me. That makes sense to you?

Oh well.

I made bold your statement concerning Temple. I know Temple is 3-1 ... but 3-1 against WHO exactly? They beat an 0-5 Vandy fist game of the season ... and we now know that the HC at Vandy is NOT up to the task. Then they beat an 0-4 Deleware State, and they also beat an 1-4 Uconn, (who's one lone win is a 3 point victory, at home,  against a 2-4 Stony Brook). Temple's one loss, came at home against a now 2-4 Navy team. This (Temple) is the team that is suppose to beat a Memphis team that has played in front of 70,000 plus at the Rose Bowl and almost beat the #11 team in the country. The same U of M team that went to Ole Miss in front of 70,000 plus, against the then #10 team in the county, and slogged tooth and nail with them until they finally succomb to that top ranked 'D' late in the 4th quarter; the same Ole Miss that hosted the #3 team and beat them a week later in Alabama. Then, the following week, after they (Memphis) lost to Ole Miss, in the fashion to which they did ... then TRAVELED to Cinicinatti ... and put over 600 yards of offense while holding them two scores ... completely anihilating them at home. This same team is going to travel to Temple ... and lose to them? That doesn't sound logical to me. That makes sense to you?

Oh well.

I didn't know Memphis beat Cincinnati. Great win by the Tigers,looks like I'll have to change that prediction.

I didn't know Memphis beat Cincinnati. Great win by the Tigers,looks like I'll have to change that prediction.

That's why I have Memphis going 10-2. The defense is outstanding. The sophomore QB is being schooled and nutured by, what I am now becoming to realize, to be one of the better QB coaches in America. Not only can the man coach and school QBs ... but he's got an excellent staff and they excell at assessing talent. The U of M lost both starting RBs before the Cincinatti game. Plugged in a Memphis native (prepped at Craigmont until his Sr. year, to which he transferred to Olive Branch in MS) who is just a pure athlete, in Sam Craft. (He was the slot receiver before the move) He had over 175 yds on the ground on 28 carries.

Edited by kwc

I hope U of M does as good as you think they will K-Dub but I won't hold my breath.

You heard it here first ... the U of M is going to run the table and go 10-2. Provided the QB stays healthy. If he get's hurt and they lose him, all bets are off.

On another note concerning QB's. The U of M staff has a young man playing at Starkville High School in MS who has already vebally committed to the U of M for the class of 2015. Yeah, Starkville ... Mississippi State. Anyway, he's tearing up Class 6A football in the state. His name is Brady Davis and the Starkville High School Yellowjackets are currently 6-0 in MS. He was vitually flying under the radar and the U of M has him committed. He may be getting some looks from bigger schools, but last I heard, He is a U of M commit.

Coach Fuente knows QB's. He developed Andy Dalton back when he was at TCU. Coach Fuente was the QB coach and Co-Offensive Coordinator when he left TCU to take the U of M job.. He knows how to develop a pocket passer. Paxton Lynch is a 6'-7" pocket passer who can run read option ... and he's just a sophomore.

Edited by kwc

That's why I have Memphis going 10-2. The defense is outstanding. The sophomore QB is being schooled and nutured by, what I am now becoming to realize, to be one of the better QB coaches in America. Not only can the man coach and school QBs ... but he's got an excellent staff and they excell at assessing talent. The U of M lost both starting RBs before the Cincinatti game. Plugged in a Memphis native (prepped at Craigmont until his Sr. year, to which he transferred to Olive Branch in MS) who is just a pure athlete, in Sam Craft. (He was the slot receiver before the move) He had over 175 yds on the ground on 28 carries.

This is probably the best Memphis team since the 1983 team with Tim Harris(6-4-1 record)

You heard it here first ... the U of M is going to run the table and go 10-2. Provided the QB stays healthy. If he get's hurt and they lose him, all bets are off.

On another note concerning QB's. The U of M staff has a young man playing at Starkville High School in MS who has already vebally committed to the U of M for the class of 2015. Yeah, Starkville ... Mississippi State. Anyway, he's tearing up Class 6A football in the state. When you get a chance, go google him. he was vitually flying under the radar and the U of M has him committed. He may be getting some looks from bigger schools, but last I heard, He is a U of M commit. Coach Fuente knows QB's. He developed Andy Dalton back when he was at TCU. Coach Fuente was the QB coach who developed him. He knows how to develop a pocket passer. Paxton Lynch is a 6'-7" pocket passer who can run read option ... and he's just a sophomore.

With Mississippi State being in the top 5 he very well could change his commitment if the MSU coach doesn't wind up at Florida after this season.

Edited by BigDave1967

With Mississippi State being in the top 5 he very well could change his commitment if the MSU coach doesn't wind up at Florida after this season.

I edited that last post that I made and added some links to the young man and the M A XPreps link to his team. He's more of a pocket passer type QB. he's not the type of QB that the Mississippi State coach uses. I don't think that Miss State is interested in him for that reason.

I edited that last post that I made and added some links to the young man and the M A XPreps link to his team. He's more of a pocket passer type QB. he's not the type of QB that the Mississippi State coach uses. I don't think that Miss State is interested in him for that reason.

What station carries the Memphis football games online? I'd like to listen to the Houston and Temple games?

What station carries the Memphis football games online? I'd like to listen to the Houston and Temple games?

You can listen to the U of M games on the radio on the local WREC AM -600. However, they don't stream the brodcast online for the following reason.

"Although we are the flagship radio station for the University of Memphis, due to the conference's contract with CBS Sports and All Access, we are not allowed to stream any Tiger broadcast. Any game or coaches' show is part of their premium package.

Please understand this is not our decision, but is required through our contract with Tigers Sports Properties and Learfield Sports."

I don't know of any other means to stream any of the U of M games. Sorry.

Edited by kwc

You can listen to the U of M games on the radio on the local WREC AM -600. However, they don't stream the brodcast online for the following reason.

"Although we are the flagship radio station for the University of Memphis, due to the conference's contract with CBS Sports and All Access, we are not allowed to stream any Tiger broadcast. Any game or coaches' show is part of their premium package.

Please understand this is not our decision, but is required through our contract with Tigers Sports Properties and Learfield Sports."

I don't know of any other means to stream any of the U of M games.

I don't know of any other means to stream any of the U of M games.

That's weird because most schools have a station or two that broadcast the games online(every SEC school besides Vandy and all ACC schools)

Edited by BigDave1967

I don't know of any other means to stream any of the U of M games. Sorry.

Freefootballradio says WKBQ 93.5 broadcasts games also. Hopefully they'll carry the games online

Edited by BigDave1967