2014 Memphis Tigers - What do you think?

kwc

Is Houston a Good football team?

As Bigdave stated they are decent. Combination of Memphis having an uncharacteristically high T/O rate and Houston playing a new freshman who is a whole lot better then the previous QB. Seems he's a FAR better athlete then the previous QB and he got outside of containment on more then one occasion. The U of M's halftime adjustments slowed him down, but the the U of M 'O' just couldn't stop shooting off it's pinkie toe. It's a long season, and they still can have a terrific season. 10-2 did look good though!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The U of M's 2014 Football schedule  reveals that they have one more game left to play and it is a home game against UCONN. They will win this game and finish 9-3. Earlier I had aspirations of them finishing either 11-1 or 10-2. However, 9-3 is a far cry above what anybody had envisioned before the season started. I'm hoping for a big bowl game payout and a victory in the bowl game to carry over into the off season and into recruiting. I'm very excited about the future of the program.

ESPN's week 14 Bowl predictions have Memphis going to the Birmingham Bowl to play South Carolina.

I'm wondering where they will be sent after the games this week end. There is a chance that the U of M could be the lone conference champ with a ECU victory over CFU. I'm hoping that happens (ECU over CFU) and the Tigers get invited to the Peach Bowl or to an equivilent.

Edited by kwc

Looks like Miami is the heavy favorite.

Miami it is. Anyone want to give an over and under for this game? BigDave1967 seems to think that BYU is going to run roughshod over the U of M Tigers. What say ye everybody? Scores? predictions? Who do you say wins this game and why?

Haven't seen or studied BYU but it looks like they were a pretty tough team before losing their QB; but even before they had some big numbers put on the board against them. Just by looking at their schedule they are a hard team to read. Don't think they are running roughshod over the Tigers though. Even the odds makers have it as a close one, I saw yesterday as a pick'em and today Memphis is -1.

Tigers get the win due to our defense!  27-10

Haven't seen or studied BYU but it looks like they were a pretty tough team before losing their QB; but even before they had some big numbers put on the board against them. Just by looking at their schedule they are a hard team to read. Don't think they are running roughshod over the Tigers though. Even the odds makers have it as a close one, I saw yesterday as a pick'em and today Memphis is -1.

Tigers get the win due to our defense!  27-10

I agree. I don't think BYU runs roughshod over the U of M either. I also saw where the odds makers have the U of M as a 1 point favorite which means it's virtually a pick'em game.

The U of M is in a pretty good conference. They have five teams playing in bowl games this year. Besides the U of M's game that is played on Monday, December 22.  There is UCF (9-3) vs NC State (7-5) in the St. Petersburg Bowl on Fri. Dec. 26. UCF is the favorite @ -1 1/2. Then, there is Cincinnati (9-3) vs Virginia Tech (6-6)  in the Military Bowl on Sat. Dec. 27. Cincinnati is the favorite @ -3. The fouth AAC bowl game is Pittsburg (6-6) vs Houston (7-5) in the Armed Forces Bowl on Fri. Jan. 2. Pittsburg is the favorite in that game @ -3. The fifth AAC bowl game is Florida (6-5) vs E. Carolina (9-3) on Sat. Jan. 3. Currently Florida is the favorite @ -7.

That's four teams with 9-3 records and one with a 7-5 record. Three of the five are favorites to win their bowl games with the U of M being the first up at bat. I'm going to keep an eye on all of the games to see how the conference as a whole fares in the post season. I actually think that Houston and E. Carolina have shots to win their respective games. Especially E. Carolina, with all of the turmoil going on at Florida with the firing of the HC and all of that.

What is eveybody else's opinion?

Edited by kwc

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. I don't think BYU runs roughshod over the U of M either. I also saw where the odds makers have the U of M as a 1 point favorite which means it's virtually a pick'em game.

The U of M is in a pretty good conference. They have five teams playing in bowl games this year. Besides the U of M's game that is played on Monday, December 22.  There is UCF (9-3) vs NC State (7-5) in the St. Petersburg Bowl on Fri. Dec. 26. UCF is the favorite @ -1 1/2. Then, there is Cincinnati (9-3) vs Virginia Tech (6-6)  in the Military Bowl on Sat. Dec. 27. Cincinnati is the favorite @ -3. The fouth AAC bowl game is Pittsburg (6-6) vs Houston (7-5) in the Armed Forces Bowl on Fri. Jan. 2. Pittsburg is the favorite in that game @ -3. The fifth AAC bowl game is Florida (6-5) vs E. Carolina (9-3) on Sat. Jan. 3. Currently Florida is the favorite @ -7.

That's four teams with 9-3 records and one with a 7-5 record. Three of the five are favorites to win their bowl games with the U of M being the first up at bat. I'm going to keep an eye on all of the games to see how the conference as a whole fares in the post season. I actually think that Houston and E. Carolina have shots to win their respective games. Especially E. Carolina, with all of the turmoil going on at Florida with the firing of the HC and all of that.

What is eveybody else's opinion?

Well, the AAC went 2-3 in the 2014 bowl season. 1-0 against an Independent, 0-1 against the SEC, and 1-2 against the ACC. The results are as follows:

Miami Beach Bowl: (Miami, FL)

U of M (10-3, AAC) ................. 55

BYU (8-5, Indpendent) ............ 48

Military Bowl: (Anapolis, MD)

Cincinnati (9-4, AAC) .............. 17

Virginia Tech (7-6, ACC) ......... 33

Bitcoin St. Petersurg Bowl: (St. Petersburg, FL)

N.C. State (8-5, ACC) ............... 34

UCF (9-4, AAC) ........................ 27

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl: (Fort Worth, TX)

Houston (8-5, AAC) ................... 35

Pitt (6-7, ACC) .......................... 34

Birmingham Bowl: (Birmingham, AL)

East Carolina (9-4, AAC) ............ 20

Florida (7-5, SEC) ..................... 28

Edited by kwc