2014 Memphis Tigers - What do you think?

kwc

What's up with Dodson? Is he coming to Memphis??

He's coming back home. I hate things didn't work out at Ole Miss but I'm glad he's gonna get a chance to actually shine! U of M will let him be Mark Jr. without steady recruiting his position until he gets ready to leave the program...

Check out Mark throwing Da Haven sign6_3122661.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's coming back home. I hate things didn't work out at Ole Miss but I'm glad he's gonna get a chance to actually shine! U of M will let him be Mark Jr. without steady recruiting his position until he gets ready to leave the program...

Check out Mark throwing Da Haven sign6_3122661.jpg

So, he's going to red-shirt next year or what? Is he elidgible right away or what? I don't know.

Nevermind, I read the article. He'll be elidgible in 2016 with 2 years left. Hit the weights and track Mark. We'll see you on the field in 2016 in U of M Blue and Grey!

Edited by kwc

So, he's going to red-shirt next year or what? Is he elidgible right away or what? I don't know.

Nevermind, I read the article. He'll be elidgible in 2016 with 2 years left. Hit the weights and track Mark. We'll see you on the field in 2016 in U of M Blue and Grey!

Mark Dodson was gettin the Shawt end of the Stick in Oxford... I wish it would have worked out better... I wish I knew what the issue was. Its not like Mark wasn't productive the FEW times he touched the ball.

Mark Dodson was gettin the Shawt end of the Stick in Oxford... I wish it would have worked out better... I wish I knew what the issue was. Its not like Mark wasn't productive the FEW times he touched the ball.

Well, he'll be at the U of M so he can leave all of that behind him. I'm sure he'll take the year while he is sitting out to really hit the books and probably be ready to graduate in 2016. Come 2017 he could be working on a masters if playing at the next level isn't an option. What I hope for the most is that coach Fuentes hangs around a while and gets to coach him through his college career. I have no doubt that Mark is going to be special at the U of M. 

Well, he'll be at the U of M so he can leave all of that behind him. I'm sure he'll take the year while he is sitting out to really hit the books and probably be ready to graduate in 2016. Come 2017 he could be working on a masters if playing at the next level isn't an option. What I hope for the most is that coach Fuentes hangs around a while and gets to coach him through his college career. I have no doubt that Mark is going to be special at the U of M. 

That's my concern for him but surely he's considered that. Good thing is he'll miss the OM game here next year, that might would have been hard

That's my concern for him but surely he's considered that. Good thing is he'll miss the OM game here next year, that might would have been hard

I'm sure he's also considered that as well.

Then again, on the OM game, he may be chompij at the bit to get in there and let them see what they will be missing. It cuts both ways.

• 3 weeks later...

University of Memphis bolstering run game as signing day approaches

Phil Stukenborg

With a week remaining before National Signing Day, the University of Memphis football program is making a late run on running backs.

South Panola High’s Darrell Henderson has committed to the U of M and former Clemson signee Jae’lon Oglesby (see highlight videos below for both players) has enrolled at the school.

The addition of Oglesby — and the likely addition of Henderson — will bolster a backfield that consists of returnees Doroland Dorceus, Jarvis Cooper and Robert Davis. The recruiting class also includes Mechane Slade of Roswell (Georgia) High, who committed last summer. Former Ole Miss running back and Whitehaven High standout Mark Dodson also has enrolled, but is not expected to be eligible until 2016.

In Henderson and Oglesby, the Tigers will get a duo with impressive credentials. Henderson, 5-foot-9 and 185 pounds, rushed for 2,253 yards and 32 touchdowns as a senior for a South Panola team that finished 15-0 and was ranked in the top 10 nationally by one publication. Henderson, who also gained more than 2,000 rushing yards as a junior, finished his career with 5,801 yards and 68 touchdowns.

Oglesby was a member of Clemson’s 2014 signing class, but did not qualify academically. He played last fall at Fork Union Prep in Virginia.

A 5-11, 175-pound back, Oglesby had a stellar career at D.W. Daniel High in Central, South Carolina, and was ranked the No. 4 prospect in the state and the No. 7 running back in the nation by Unapproved Website as a senior. Blessed with an explosive first step and breakaway speed, he rushed for 2,176 yards and 21 touchdowns as a senior to lead the school to a 14-1 record and its first appearance in the state championship game in 15 years.

Offered by Tennessee and South Carolina, in addition to Clemson, Oglesby rushed for 1,750 yards and 28 touchdowns as a junior and, as a senior, caught 38 passes for 557 yards and six TDs. He averaged an astounding 9.8 yards per carry as a senior.

QB Scott transfers

Redshirt freshman quarterback Brayden Scott, who did not play last fall and was a redshirt in 2013, has transferred to Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, a junior college in Miami, Oklahoma.

Scott, from Tulsa, Oklahoma, passed for more than 7,000 yards and 90 touchdowns in four seasons at Sequoyah-Tahlequah High, but was in a competitive battle for playing time at Memphis behind sophomore starter Paxton Lynch, junior Jason Stewart and freshman Clay Holgorson. Additionally, the Tigers are expected to add 6-4, 200-pound quarterback Brady Davis from Starkville (Mississippi) High on signing day. Davis threw for more than 3,000 yards and 39 touchdowns last season to lead Starkville to a 13-1 record and No. 18 national ranking.

Kyle Wilson, a 6-4 receiver from Tyrone, Georgia, also transferred. Wilson, who appeared in one game last fall and was a redshirt in 2013, will play for Coastal Carolina in Conway, South Carolina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLpNx7epJwg&feature=player_embedded&x-yt-cl=84924572&x-yt-ts=1422411861

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422411861&v=CSwVgrAiRjo&feature=player_embedded&x-yt-cl=84924572

from the Commercial Appeal

MEMPHIS 2014 Signees

Tim Belles, LS, 6-6, 255, Germantown, Tenn./Houston HS

Ross Burcham, WR, 6-5, 215, Adamsville, Tenn./Adamsville HS

Tyler Charrette, DB, 6-1, 200, Martinez, Calif./Berean Christian HS/Laney College

Marcus Childers, QB, 6-2, 200, Adairsville, Ga./Adairsville HS

Emmanuel Cooper, DL, 6-1, 250, Arkadelphia, Ark./Arkadelphia HS

Brady Davis, QB, 6-4, 200, Starkville, Miss./Starkville HS

Keenen Davis, OL, 6-5, 293, Horn Lake, Miss./Horn Lake HS

Mark Dodson, ATH, 5-10, 198, Memphis/Whitehaven HS/Ole Miss

Michael Edwards, DT, 6-2, 300, Madison, Wis/Sun Prairie HS/Iowa Western CC

Steven Enis, LB, 6-2, 240, Fayette, Ala./Fayette County High School

Jared Gentry, DL, 6-2, 323, Opelika, Ala./Opelika HS

Tre Hamilton, WR, 6-3, 197, Humble, Texas/Atascocita HS

Darrell Henderson, RB, 5-9, 190, Batesville, Miss./South Panola HS

Jamarius Henderson, RB, 5-11, 215, Ozark, Ala./Dale County HS

Grayson Hubbard, PK, 6-1, 180, Warwick, Va./Warwick HS

Khalil Johnson, DE, 6-5, 255, Dallas, Texas/Kimball HS

Kedarian Jones, WR, 6-1, 175, Dallas, Texas/Kimball HS

Peyton Jones, DE, 6-6, 236, Memphis/Memphis University School

Drew Kyser, OL, 6-5, 299, Opelika, Ala./Opelika HS

Ryan Mack, OL, 6-5, 305, Memphis/Wooddale, HS/Louisville

Arthur Maulet, DB, 5-11, 195, Harvey, La./Bonnabel/Copiah-Lincoln CC

DeMarco Montgomery, DE, 6-2, 270, Atmore, Ala./Spanish Fort HS/East Mississippi CC

Jae’Lon Oglesby, WR, 5-11, 175, Central, S.C./D.W. Daniel HS/Fork Union Milita. Aca.

Brytain Peddy, OL, 6-5, 310, Munford, Tenn./Munford HS

Tony Pollard, ATH, 5-11, 196, Memphis/Melrose HS

Darian Porter, LB, 6-3, 220, Louisville, Ky./Seneca HS/Mt. San Jacinto College

Joseph Prevost, LB, 6-1, 219, Marrero, La./Archbishop Shaw HS

Kam Prewitt, DB, 5-11, 171, Pinson, Ala./Clay-Chalkville HS

Nick Raby, DE, 6-4, 260, Cape Coral, Fla./Baker HS

Mechane Slade, ATH, 5-8, 160, Roswell, Ga./Roswell HS

Edited by kwc

from the Commercial Appeal

MEMPHIS 2014 Signees

Tim Belles, LS, 6-6, 255, Germantown, Tenn./Houston HS

Ross Burcham, WR, 6-5, 215, Adamsville, Tenn./Adamsville HS

Tyler Charrette, DB, 6-1, 200, Martinez, Calif./Berean Christian HS/Laney College

Marcus Childers, QB, 6-2, 200, Adairsville, Ga./Adairsville HS

Emmanuel Cooper, DL, 6-1, 250, Arkadelphia, Ark./Arkadelphia HS

Brady Davis, QB, 6-4, 200, Starkville, Miss./Starkville HS

Keenen Davis, OL, 6-5, 293, Horn Lake, Miss./Horn Lake HS

Mark Dodson, ATH, 5-10, 198, Memphis/Whitehaven HS/Ole Miss

Michael Edwards, DT, 6-2, 300, Madison, Wis/Sun Prairie HS/Iowa Western CC

Steven Enis, LB, 6-2, 240, Fayette, Ala./Fayette County High School

Jared Gentry, DL, 6-2, 323, Opelika, Ala./Opelika HS

Tre Hamilton, WR, 6-3, 197, Humble, Texas/Atascocita HS

Darrell Henderson, RB, 5-9, 190, Batesville, Miss./South Panola HS

Jamarius Henderson, RB, 5-11, 215, Ozark, Ala./Dale County HS

Grayson Hubbard, PK, 6-1, 180, Warwick, Va./Warwick HS

Khalil Johnson, DE, 6-5, 255, Dallas, Texas/Kimball HS

Kedarian Jones, WR, 6-1, 175, Dallas, Texas/Kimball HS

Peyton Jones, DE, 6-6, 236, Memphis/Memphis University School

Drew Kyser, OL, 6-5, 299, Opelika, Ala./Opelika HS

Ryan Mack, OL, 6-5, 305, Memphis/Wooddale, HS/Louisville

Arthur Maulet, DB, 5-11, 195, Harvey, La./Bonnabel/Copiah-Lincoln CC

DeMarco Montgomery, DE, 6-2, 270, Atmore, Ala./Spanish Fort HS/East Mississippi CC

Jae’Lon Oglesby, WR, 5-11, 175, Central, S.C./D.W. Daniel HS/Fork Union Milita. Aca.

Brytain Peddy, OL, 6-5, 310, Munford, Tenn./Munford HS

Tony Pollard, ATH, 5-11, 196, Memphis/Melrose HS

Darian Porter, LB, 6-3, 220, Louisville, Ky./Seneca HS/Mt. San Jacinto College

Joseph Prevost, LB, 6-1, 219, Marrero, La./Archbishop Shaw HS

Kam Prewitt, DB, 5-11, 171, Pinson, Ala./Clay-Chalkville HS

Nick Raby, DE, 6-4, 260, Cape Coral, Fla./Baker HS

Mechane Slade, ATH, 5-8, 160, Roswell, Ga./Roswell HS

The Transfers will pay dividends 

The Transfers will pay dividends 

What caught my attention were the four OL that are all 6'-5" and 300 lbs and the two interior DL that are 6'-2" 300 pounders. That's big boy D-1 OL and DL size.  I think that coach Fuentes has proven that he and his staff recognizes and develops talent ... it's the SIZE element that you can't coach.

Edited by kwc