Eagleville at MTCS

PLAY4QRTS

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My boy plays for Eagleville.  My friends son plays for MTCS.  We had lunch yesterday and hashed it all out.  My take on it is that they simply haven't played a decent team yet.  However, they are winning the easy ones just like they are supposed to with blowouts.  MTCS has some really good athletes but I don't know that their offensive line will be able to withstand the pass rush of the Eagles. 

MTCS also has a smaller team in numbers and this will definitely come into play late in the game.

Eagleville struggled on offense early in the season and doesn't have the passing attack or run game that they had last year.  However, they seem to have found their rhythm as of late with the run game and the passing game has improved as well.  

Lots of ways this game could go as far as score with it being a MTCS blowout to a low scoring affair but my feeling is that Eagleville will come from behind in the 4th quarter to win a tight game.

Edited by ttitan27

Like I said before this game will be decided by MTCS offense against Eagleville defense.  One thing that helps MTCS this year is they are 2 dimensional.  If you stack the box they will throw it and if you sit back and try and stop the pass they can run.  This should be a good game but I think MTCS offense has to many weapons.

That seems to be the take around these parts... MTCS is a solid club, but to stay they are on the level of a Adamsville TCA Marion or Trousdale is far fetched... To put it simply, the schedule has been weak and they have not to been tested... Eagleville has played Forrest Huntland and Mt Pleasant and has some Seniors that have been in some playoff games that will provide some experience in this scenario.