Week 8: Walker Valley at Cleveland

BigDave1967

So if Cleveland actually had good officiating........ they would be undefeated. I was at the game and Bradley had 2 penalties when they were at the 1 yd line. But  I guess those calls were good, right?

I don't think anyone at the game would call the officiating "good".  However, it was obviously tilted...  Happens a lot.  We've been on the receiving end of some junk referees this year.  Thankfully, the games where they stood out were games we won anyhow.  

Nobody's perfect, but when they're bad, they're bad.  At the Bradley game, they were bad...

In high school football the road team is always up against it from homer officials. Walker Valley will probably be complaining Friday night.

Not necessarily...

Two years ago, in the WV game at CHS, the Raiders got flagged for anything and everything.  Referees called it "trying to keep the game under control".  Well, Cleveland still won convincingly, but the game was marred by all the unnecessary laundry on the field.  Just call the game...if something gets "out of control", deal with it.  Being over-sensitive about talk, gestures, celebrations and the like affects the game negatively too...

Everybody that was there saw it. How about the refs throwing flags on 2 different occasions then huddle up for 5 mins deciding on what the call was.....explain that one. lol

Officials huddling after a penalty is normal in all games... You see it in college and NFL.  All that matters is they get it right!

I thought I was at McMinn the first quarter. Fantom flags everywhere. Refs called an illegal substitution on Walker Valley and somehow pick the flag up and waved it off. Walker Valley came out with a fight and just wasn't able to sustain it but the refs tried to keep it close early.

Why would they try to keep it close? Just wondering.

So if Cleveland actually had good officiating........ they would be undefeated. I was at the game and Bradley had 2 penalties when they were at the 1 yd line. But  I guess those calls were good, right?

I really enjoy high school homer play by play folks! B)

From a CLEVELAND fan who was on the sidelines and knows the game, most of the calls were good calls. The ones I saw from my vantage point were good calls. The ONLY one I have no clue about is the PF when they were lining up, late in the game. I have no idea what it was about, and expect something was said. Now I have heard all the complaints about the calls. Cleveland won, and that's that. That is a normal refrain I have heard from Cleveland fans for years, Any call against Cleveland is a "Bad" call. lol

Walker Valley is better. Cleveland is making too many mistakes. Walker Valley runs the ball well, and will make yards. Will Cleveland use the speed in the LB's to counteract the speed sweeps, or will Walker Valley take it right at Cleveland's defense?

Going to be a game I would like to see, if I was not a Bradley fan and heading to McMinn County.

The refs will be from the Chattanooga association as are all Cleveland athletic events. If Cleveland's two running backs are still healthy then they should roll in this game by at least 3 touchdowns. WVHS has only played 3 teams with a winning record and 2 of those were blowout losses. CHS on the other hand has played McCallie (7-1) and ranked #1 in DII-AA, Knox West (6-1) and ranked #1 in 5A and Cookeville (7-1), all of which they lost by the way. Needless to say the WVHS schedule pales in comparison to the Blue Raiders.  There is no Sequoyah or Polk County on the CHS schedule to pad their wins. CHS should have a #2 district seeding locked up regardless of what they do vs Ooltewah. While the Valley still has to play at a much improved McMinn and Soddy-Daisy, both likely losses as will be the Cleveland game.

Or you could ask the question of how many Cleveland alumni will be on the Chattanooga assc.crew?

Doesn't answer why they wanted to keep it close what was their motivation for keeping it close. Not what might happen but why would they want that to happen?

I TELL YOU WHAT SIR.....GO TO HUDL AND WATCH FOR YOURSELF......MAYBE WE CAN USE ANOTHER BACK AND IT WON'T BE CLOSE AT ALL....AND WHAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION???WILL IT HELP???