The Best Team in 4A

SPLO

The last 2-3 years we have played 4a. We got put out by Greeneville last year. Prior to that, we played 3a and made some pretty good playoff runs. No gold ball yet. But we are persistent. We play up, you say mediocre teams? We play TN high, Science Hill, and Sullivan South during regular season. I'd say they are good football schools. I'm not saying that Fulton isn't very good, but after them, I think the rest of us fall in same slot. It's who is gonna make it to play Fulton out of the rest of us.

It's like you use the we play up as the excuse when you loose. Yes you got put out by Greenville who inturn was put out by Fulton so what's that mean?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What gives fulton the edge on every other team in 4a is our ability to dominate all 3 phases of the game... Offense defense and special teams... We have more special team tds than some teams total tds... Also we not only force a lot of TOs we take them back to the house or we at least get points off of most every TO... We get accused of running the score up but when the score is 37-0 in the 1st quarter and 4 of the 5 tds are from special teams and/or defensive tds what can you do?? The coach stop putting returners back deep last week just to get a little offensive work with the 1st team... To beat fulton you will have to shut down TOs and limit special team mistakes... You will also have to concert 3rd downs and keep your offense on the field... On defense I really don't see a way to contain fulton when healthy we have about 6 or 7 players that can take it the distance on any play... I can't wait till the playoffs though anything can happen.

Edited by FHSalumn12

I don't even worry about who plays who during the regular season every team is different every week is different it matters at crunch time you can play an easy schedule and win it all or you can have the hardest schedule and not Im not saying Elizabethton (sorry if I spelled it wrong) doesn't deserve respect but its like when one and I guarantee it will come a few years ago when Greenville handed it to us 2 years in a row we wasn't on here begging for respect we went out and earned it if your not first your last!

It's irrelevant my friend.  Let me prove my point.  Here's a common opponent liberty 22- haywood 14 at half.  CC 23 Haywood-0.  Does that mean CC is the better team?  Not to me, but to you it does since it's relevant.  It's not relevant until CC and Liberty play, my brother

im curious where i said liberty was better based off of any common opponent...were better because our defense is better...its that simple...thats why i believe liberty can beat crockett...

whats relevant about the south gibson game is that they were moving the ball on ur D like it was charmin soft...thats whats relevant...thats my point...not how many points are scored...i just dont see how the cavs can stop a running team...aka trezevant and liberty...heck even pearl cohn if u make it to the semis...

my point is...libertys specialty is run D...crockett hangs their hat on the run game...and i fully believe that our run D is better than ur offense...and with all that being said...crockett is giving up plenty of yards on D...to some pretty unimpressive teams...so i like our chances of scoring points as well

maybe we will find out...maybe we wont...gota keep winning i suppose...

im curious where i said liberty was better based off of any common opponent...were better because our defense is better...its that simple...thats why i believe liberty can beat crockett...

whats relevant about the south gibson game is that they were moving the ball on ur D like it was charmin soft...thats whats relevant...thats my point...not how many points are scored...i just dont see how the cavs can stop a running team...aka trezevant and liberty...heck even pearl cohn if u make it to the semis...

my point is...libertys specialty is run D...crockett hangs their hat on the run game...and i fully believe that our run D is better than ur offense...and with all that being said...crockett is giving up plenty of yards on D...to some pretty unimpressive teams...so i like our chances of scoring points as well

maybe we will find out...maybe we wont...gota keep winning i suppose...

Alright man.  You have some good points.  Crockett has a bend but don't break defense.  I would rather give up a lot of yards yet yield teams from scoring, and I think they're doing that. Giving up more than you score loses game not giving up yards.  

is it possible that none of those teams are any good...loudon was 3-8 last season...now u believe theyre top 5 in the state in our division??? 

the east is blessed with the best team in the state...then...there is a HUGE GAP...between them and the rest of u...maybe u can throw in knox catholic...but i doubt it...and yet eastern folks seem to believe that all the teams over there are that good...

I said in the EAST.  Yes they are good.  They were young last year.