The Best Team in 4A

SPLO

My thoughts on 4-A. 

Fulton is clearly the team to beat this year.  I will go with the east, simply because I have no clue what the middle and West has to offer.  We played both Carter and Loudon and lost both.  These are the only loses on our schedlue.  Carter was 7-0, Loudon 35-7.  We could play Carter again and win with better playing conditions, Loudon is a different story.  They were really good.  I put them in the top 4 in the east.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much would u pay now???

is that ur excuse for scheduling bolivar, south side and west carroll???

i watched south gibson push crockett around for a half this weekend...north side can absolutely play with and beat crockett...but they wouldnt dominate them by any means

Too bad the game is two halves/4 quarters.  What they did is irrelevant if they didn't win.

the reason u have such huge holes to run thru is because the teams u play arent good...in fact theyre downright awful

example...south gibson d ends pushing 10 yards upfield against a team that runs the ball 50 plays a game instead of pinching off holes

My thoughts on 4-A. 

Fulton is clearly the team to beat this year.  I will go with the east, simply because I have no clue what the middle and West has to offer.  We played both Carter and Loudon and lost both.  These are the only loses on our schedlue.  Carter was 7-0, Loudon 35-7.  We could play Carter again and win with better playing conditions, Loudon is a different story.  They were really good.  I put them in the top 4 in the east.

is it possible that none of those teams are any good...loudon was 3-8 last season...now u believe theyre top 5 in the state in our division??? 

the east is blessed with the best team in the state...then...there is a HUGE GAP...between them and the rest of u...maybe u can throw in knox catholic...but i doubt it...and yet eastern folks seem to believe that all the teams over there are that good...

Too bad the game is two halves/4 quarters.  What they did is irrelevant if they didn't win.

what they did is irrelevant because they didnt win???

south gibson is 2-6 and pushed the supposedly best team in the west around like rag dolls for a half of football...

what do u think is gona happen when u play a mediocre team...or even a good team with athletes and size all over the field...

id ask point5digital to take ur game films down cause all i can do is laugh when i watch it

crockett has a good team...but not nearly as good as some folks wana believe...

South Gibson is a good 2-6 team and could be 6-2 they were just 1 play away from beating Camden, Chester County, Westview, and Milan. Crockett was pushed around by a good team that have lost some close games. South Gibson record does not say who they are, but the way they play is who they are. South Gibson have got beat by good teams and sometimes if you don't make the big plays or get stoped by the other team, people who have not seen you play think you are a bad team. That not so with South Gibson.

Hornets keep your head up, because good things are coming in the future ! ! ! ! ! !

Edited by heatwave

I know Fulton is back to back state champions, but this is a new year and sometimes a lot of new things happen in a new year, like upsets and new champions winning the gold ball. That's all it takes is a different year and a new champion will arise. Look what happen to Dyersburg this past Friday, they got upset by Milan. Just because a team have back to back titles doesn't means they win the next year. All it takes is one game and your number one team get out played, out coached and games over. The best team don't always win, but every once in a blue moon they get upset.

One day, a good game plan and one bad game is all it takes to be beaten ! ! ! ! ! !

Edited by heatwave

Elizabethton has their own Johnny Jones and we call him the E-train......Ethan Thomas. I and the rest of us in east TN don't believe that there is as big of a gap between us and Fulton as y'all think. Greeneville, Sully South, and Elizabethton will make some noise in the playoffs, guaranteed!!

outside of greeneville i havent heard of any of u...havent heard of any of u winning titles or anything that is

...therein lies the gap i speak of

i do like the e-train nickname tho

the bold is exactly my point...none of u believe there is a gap...but for some reason u cross the river and all of a sudden...theres a gap...

fulton is better than everyone on this side...and maybe 1 other team out east...but the rest of u...nah...the proof is in the pudding...4 district games and some really really weak schedules

the "middle of the pack" teams in the west are just as good if not better than those in the east...but like i said...we dont have a fulton...if ur teams were that good...how come u dont play them during the season

south gibson is 2-6 and pushed the supposedly best team in the west around like rag dolls for a half of football...

what do u think is gona happen when u play a mediocre team...or even a good team with athletes and size all over the field...

id ask point5digital to take ur game films down cause all i can do is laugh when i watch it

It's irrelevant my friend.  Let me prove my point.  Here's a common opponent liberty 22- haywood 14 at half.  CC 23 Haywood-0.  Does that mean CC is the better team?  Not to me, but to you it does since it's relevant.  It's not relevant until CC and Liberty play, my brother.

It's irrelevant my friend. Let me prove my point. Here's a common opponent liberty 22- haywood 14 at half. CC 23 Haywood-0. Does that mean CC is the better team? Not to me, but to you it does since it's relevant. It's not relevant until CC and Liberty play, my brother.

He has a point dhs.

The last 2-3 years we have played 4a. We got put out by Greeneville last year. Prior to that, we played 3a and made some pretty good playoff runs. No gold ball yet. But we are persistent. We play up, you say mediocre teams? We play TN high, Science Hill, and Sullivan South during regular season. I'd say they are good football schools. I'm not saying that Fulton isn't very good, but after them, I think the rest of us fall in same slot. It's who is gonna make it to play Fulton out of the rest of us.

I think the top 4 in the east for 2014 is easy. Fulton-----Catholic--Greeneville-Elizabethton. Outside of Austin-East the only people who have eliminated us recently was Greeneville, CAK, Alcoa who all went on to be state champions or were state champions so I like our track record. Obviously would like some wins though lol

Edited by EHSTrack06