FCS at DCA

inthagap

Easy there now. I have been a strong supporter of FC for 15 years, both kids there, followed the sports programs in detail for the past 5 years. Also played football (actually center) in another state for 4 years for a dominant team, same sized school as FC. This public forum is reviewing the game, that's all I'm doing, just like everyone else. You'd be hard pressed to find a more loyal FC fan anywhere on here. Just giving my observations of what I have seen. I love the school, love the team. Stand up for them everywhere, especially after the huge controversy at Boyd in 2011.

A loyal FC fan would NEVER attack a 15-18 yr old player. Sometimes your better off being silent and thought a fool rather than opening your pie hole on a public forum and erasing all doubt!

I'd recommend you introduce yourself to the coaches and share your vast knowledge and experience on playing center vs making crazy statements about them not advancing past the first rd of playoffs since that hasn't happened once while you supposedly have followed the FC team.

A loyal FC fan would NEVER attack a 15-18 yr old player. Sometimes your better off being silent and thought a fool rather than opening your pie hole on a public forum and erasing all doubt!

I'd recommend you introduce yourself to the coaches and share your vast knowledge and experience on playing center vs making crazy statements about them not advancing past the first rd of playoffs since that hasn't happened once while you supposedly have followed the FC team.

I feel sorry for you man.  "Attacking" a player?? Seriously?  I know all the coaches.  Sorry man. I feel sorry for you.

I think that TNHSfan was trying to say that having snap exchange problems this late in the year is unusual for any team. I have no experience with being on either end of these snaps but the head coach and players involved are more than likely working their bu.. off to improve this exchange. Got to love the blocking and running when they both get it right though.

I feel sorry for you man.  "Attacking" a player?? Seriously?  I know all the coaches.  Sorry man. I feel sorry for you.

Suggesting that the coaches replace the current center could reasonably be viewed as an attack on the play of the center. If you have truly followed FCS for the past five years you would know that he is arguably the most tenacious, consistent lineman leading this rushing attack. You would know that there in no quit in that kid and that he will lead this team where it needs to go. Missed snaps are never a positive thing for an offensive attack. However, mistakes happen in high school football and I, for one, am confident that these young men will rise above these mistakes and make a deep run into the playoffs. #53 is right where he needs to be.

FCS should have dominated the score and LOS with all the injuries DCA had. Plus 21 and 1 have been hurt for weeks so DCA has a weak run game. Had the DCA QB not both thrown and int and fumbled inside the 10 this game would have been lopsided. Not to mention another bad throw by him when they started 1st and goal from the 7.

The bottom line for DCA is they need their 6'2 320 lb T back with the other 2 OL out and the backs have to get healthy.

If they get better QB play and catch the ball to help him they will make a long run into the playoffs again.

Kudos to FCS they made enough plays to win.

Wow, I stay out too late a couple nights and drunkenly renew my vows in Gatlinburg and I log on to read all this infighting, guess I'm not the one having a bad week.  Just out of curiosity, since you're tight and all with the coaches, have you been able to go over personnel with them?  Cause I know all the coaches on the staff at Cosby High School, but they don't really care what I think about where folks should be playing, but maybe that's just my misfortune.

FCS should have dominated the score and LOS with all the injuries DCA had. Plus 21 and 1 have been hurt for weeks so DCA has a weak run game. Had the DCA QB not both thrown and int and fumbled inside the 10 this game would have been lopsided. Not to mention another bad throw by him when they started 1st and goal from the 7.

The bottom line for DCA is they need their 6'2 320 lb T back with the other 2 OL out and the backs have to get healthy.

If they get better QB play and catch the ball to help him they will make a long run into the playoffs again.

Kudos to FCS they made enough plays to win.

DCA hung around but with a 12:1 penalty differential and FC tailback Hollis not playing due to injury they should've. The FC defensive coaches made great adjustments from the previous week and stuffed DCA's offense throughout the game. Kudos to dca for not giving up.

So according to playerscoach, DCA has 3 lineman out, several top backs hurt causing a weak run game, issues with catching the ball, but the QB cost the game with poor play?  You've had several issues with the QB this year it seems,  kid is a high school player, probably not deserving of your negative posts.

I must say that the FC defense was completely stellar.  Reminded me of the 2011/2012 defense that won state.  Number 3 must be the fastest guy on the team.  A DC player broke away headed to the end zone with no one near him and somehow 3 came out of no where, ran him down, then the FC defense made the stop on all 4 downs.  Incredible.