Gallatin vs Portland

GWAVE1

Both are coming off of district wins and look to keep the winning streak going. Portland is not a strong program this year but a little confidence could go a long way. I have been impressed with their fight despite their record. The Howes kid really turned some heads with his special teams play and game winning td. Playing in Portland is kind of unique with the train right behind the stands. Should be a good night for football.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been working Gwave, and his name is Devonta House, and yes he is a great back, and kid. Kid just keeps digging. Im hoping for a good game, that win did a lot for our kids morale. It was a sloppy game due to all the rain and they never gave up. Also expect about 4 trains a night to come by, we were joking the other night at Lebanon, we wished Portland school facility was like Lebanon's, but there is no way CSX will reroute the train tracks lol. We've been the underdog every week, this one is no different. We are mostly healthy and I think the only starter still out for injury is my son. Lord willing he may actually make it back the last two games. Any particular jersey # you want me to get photos of? Just let me know on here. 

Been working Gwave, and his name is Devonta House, and yes he is a great back, and kid. Kid just keeps digging. Im hoping for a good game, that win did a lot for our kids morale. It was a sloppy game due to all the rain and they never gave up. Also expect about 4 trains a night to come by, we were joking the other night at Lebanon, we wished Portland school facility was like Lebanon's, but there is no way CSX will reroute the train tracks lol. We've been the underdog every week, this one is no different. We are mostly healthy and I think the only starter still out for injury is my son. Lord willing he may actually make it back the last two games. Any particular jersey # you want me to get photos of? Just let me know on here.

My fault on the kids name. I could only use my memory from the paper. Sounds like he had a great night with those 2 punt returns and final score for the win. Glad to see Portland get the win, looks like this old rivalry will probably be put back on the shelf after this game. With Portland going down to 4-A officially, I do not see this game being renewed. Weather looks to be good and the game is always interesting with the train in our back door. I hate that whistle though. Hope it does not blow too often. Even Beech has one of those now. Looking forward to playing the Panthers. Easy trip with the new hwy.

LOL we were wondering if Beech put the horn in just for us when we played up there, and their horn sucks. LOL the night they were using it against us, it sounded like it wasnt getting enough air. Ours runs off a air compressor, and a big one, lol. Whats funny is when some of the train engineers blow their horn when they come behind our field, then they set ours off, kinda like dueling banjos hahaha. 

Gallatin better be ready to play Friday night, Portland is going to come out and put it all on the line! And as stated earlier, could be the last meeting for a long while. I hope Portland can get their program headed into the right direction in the future. And if they do, I hope they schedule some of us 9AAA teams when they go 4A, and maybe get some revenge.