White Co. Play Days

Hustler2

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yert9000, body language should be a clue as to how these boys feel about playing. They have no team spirit, no love for the game right now. Negative feedback and constant talking about how great the 8th grade team is going to be has really got these boys attitude down. Some positive comments and some confidence in their playing ability might help how they feel about themselves and their chances of having a winning season. I think these boys have a real chance of winning a few games, no I don't think a district championship is in the running but I think if they could get their confidence built back up they could have a lot better season than last year. Yes, Agee is going to be missed but I think England could put some points on the board if the coach would leave the him and the other boys in long enough to get warmed up. This constant switching in and out doesn't let them get their shot warmed up. Yes I know that these are just scrimmages but confidence can be built or torn down during these times.

i was at White Co friday and saturday both and the reason Gibson Co played so bad it took 6 hrs to get there 3 hrs to get from Nasville to Sparta they got right of the bus and 10 minutes later they were playing so give them a break and by the way leave Coach Slatten alone and you will see what kind of coach he is

First off why does everyone keep saying "leave coach slatten alone and you will see what kind of coach he is". This is a message board, saying something on here is not going to keep Slatten from doing his job (i would hope). So no one is bothering coach slatten, the way I see it is he has got at least a couple of years to show if he can coach. If he can then he'll have a couple more and if he can't then he should be gone. I'm just sitting back and watching and of course being a critic like everyone else. I've changed my philosophy on it myself. I may sit here and question his decisions and such but i will try to support him because by doing so I support that team and those boys. By tearing him down I tear down that program and those boys. Do I like Slatten......who cares....its doesn't matter.........I'm just waitin and hopin he can coach. I think they can win some games this year. The district is down so they can win some games I think and I expect.

yes all of Roy's boys are gone and why would someone say that they are glad, so that they won't be poisning the water for those who want to play? look slatton has what he wants everyone is gone and now there are no seniors and ben,trent,tyler are gone, nothing is going to change that unless slatton is gone and as all of us know he is not so just get over it and be there to support the boys that are there now. :)

where did white county football and basketball go. i keep reading on here where we need to support white county. there is a reason for there not to be many seniors playing sports at wchs ranging from politics to just poor coaching wchs football didnt win a game but did they ever change players from one position to another if they did it wasnt qb. i keep reading that wchs basketball is weak again this year. i really feel sorry for the players having the mind games wchs coach likes to play. if every player and there parent would get together and go to haley that hires these coaches mayby wchs sports could at least be enjoyable for the players. wchs will always be the team i cheer for, i just wish fans, parents, and most of all coaches would remember its just a game. thats why seniors quit playing for wchs....let the players have fun and maybe we the fans will have a team that can win at least one game. concerned

white county fan..

Ive saw all of the games so far. Yes i guess u can tell Im a parent.Well I have seen improvement at every game.U have to realize that some players have been in the football mode,then some have been on the injuried list. We have juniors that played last year,then the sophomores coming on and a few freshmen.We really havent had time to come together as a team yet.I think we will see improvement all through the year.I do know that the parents and fans need to pull together and rally behind the coaches and boys.They can never expected the team to be any better if they keep badmouthing the coaches and throwing up the Whited days to them. Maybe its not the coach draging them down as much as it is not living up to what the fans and parents expect. Give Slatton a chance! That has always been WC problem. They wont it to happen over night. NO its not that i think he does everything the right but we would all do things different.Please for the kids sake [because that is the whole reason behind this ........REMEMBER] keep a positive attuide. When we see the players we need to pat them on the back ; tell them how proud we are of them; dont put the coach down! And by the way have you meet Coach Dodson? He is gonna bring a lot to the table.Just remember its all for THE KIDS.

P.S. On saturday they didnt even look like the same team . THEY DID GREAT!