Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

DC at SD out, just didn't fit leaves the Farragutt OC and Clinton OC, 

Coach Whinery laughed at that one.  He asked if you could at least allow him to have his scheduled interview tomorrow before eliminating him.  

No, he's not "out".  He is still very much a candidate.  

But I can see why a guy with considerable head coaching experience, and successful head coaching experience at that, who has a reputation of being one of the best defensive coaches in the area wouldn't be a good fit.   :rolleyes:

Not sure who you are talking to at Humps, but it can't be Hump himself.  

I thought there was a pool of coaches lined up for the job? 2 guys, your kidding? I guess all those coaches went down to the local barber shop and got an ear full. I'm guessing some coaches removed there name and some applied for the job w/o the right certification? Powell high school at one time was a football team to be taken serious, and now it's a dead zone.

Ktown, did you miss the KNS article about this a few days ago?

I thought there was a pool of coaches lined up for the job? 2 guys, your kidding? I guess all those coaches went down to the local barber shop and got an ear full. I'm guessing some coaches removed there name and some applied for the job w/o the right certification? Powell high school at one time was a football team to be taken serious, and now it's a dead zone.

Haters gotta hate......lol

From reading the T yesterday & listening to a couple of sources....it sounds like today is the final day of the interview process. This should be a done deal in a couple of days. Sounds like Headdrick is out, so with 3 finalist remaining & all 3 having good resumes looks like Powell will make a good hire.

Dude if you haven't been reading on here or haven't read the article in the paper....there were plenty of applicants, the comittee has been narrowing it down through an interview process. They have apparently narrowed it down to 3 or 4 & maybe even down to 2 now. These coaches already interviewed once or twice & are finalist for the job.

RedD's info is just bad. LA Headrick is a certified teacher in Knox County. He teaches Special Ed at Spring Hill Elementary.

The man is either not certified to teach the subject or not certified to teach HS, there is a difference, get your facts straight, I spoke to someone very close to the situation yesterday and I posted from what he told me period. I was just trying to add to the conversation as in reality it makes a hill of beans to me who gets the job other then the Halls Powell rivalry, I do wish the best on the coach they get because the kids and community deserve way better then they have had.

Could be that he's only certified to teach K-6.

His certification is K-12 just as almost all special ed certifications are. He could teach at the high school level. The coach at Central on the other hand does not have a high school license in Tennessee. It is just elementary. Tell me hot they got him in the building

The man is either not certified to teach the subject or not certified to teach HS, there is a difference, get your facts straight, I spoke to someone very close to the situation yesterday and I posted from what he told me period. I was just trying to add to the conversation as in reality it makes a hill of beans to me who gets the job other then the Halls Powell rivalry, I do wish the best on the coach they get because the kids and community deserve way better then they have had.

My facts are straight. It is simple to look up his certification on the Tennessee department of education website. A K-12 certification will allow him to teach special education at the high school level. He has a K-12 Certification. I was not trying to insult you just pointing out the information you reported was not correct. I am not sure who your source is but they were wrong. Don't direct your anger at me. I was also just adding to the conversation on here as well. You also do not know what subject because staffing for high schools will not e done until the end of the school year. They currently do not know what subjects they will have open. If he was their choice they would be able to get him in. Those are my facts sand they are straight.