5A Playoffs After Week 8

mjuhb

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge is clicking on all cylinders and just keep rolling they are taking care of teams like fulton is, and they are playing the same skill level i dont care who you play a shutout is a tough thing to come by and even if you use same opponents West only put 36 on Karns who's allowed over 300 points on them. 

Id also like to point out that oak ridge played Maryville pretty competitively in their FIRST scrimmage of the season. 

Oak Ridge is hot right now. Dont think West is just a steam roller because Oak Ridge would love to be the one to shock all of you...

Oak Ridge is clicking on all cylinders and just keep rolling they are taking care of teams like fulton is, and they are playing the same skill level i dont care who you play a shutout is a tough thing to come by and even if you use same opponents West only put 36 on Karns who's allowed over 300 points on them.

Id also like to point out that oak ridge played Maryville pretty competitively in their FIRST scrimmage of the season.

Oak Ridge is hot right now. Dont think West is just a steam roller because Oak Ridge would love to be the one to shock all of you...

Finally some excitement!! I will say however, that from everyone I talked to OR was not very competitive in their scrimmage with Maryville. I hope that you guys do get a shot at West and lay that hammer down on them.

Finally some excitement!! I will say however, that from everyone I talked to OR was not very competitive in their scrimmage with Maryville. I hope that you guys do get a shot at West and lay that hammer down on them.

Well they had three turnovers at the 30 which we could have converted into some points but every time a team committed a turnover the other squad started at their own 20. 

Enough about the past though im ready for their senior night this Friday against an athletic central team and a former coach in Bryson Rosser! 

I would also like to say that I don't understand why people try and compare scores with common opponents. Take Maryville vs. WB and HVA for instance. Now look at West vs. WB and HVA. Maryville still beats West if they play this Friday. I don't like West at all, but they must have a pretty good football team to be the turnover machine they are and still beat folks to death.

I thought we played them pretty tough. They got the better of us no doubt, but they had already scrimmaged twice before us. That was our first scrimmage.They had already knocked some of their proverbial rust off of their game. Not saying we would've beaten them if that hadn't of been the case or would we beat them if we played. I don't at all, but it being our first scrimmage has to be taken into account. Either way they would beat us, but no shame there because they will probably beat everyone they face this year.

Edited by SweetScience

I would also like to say that I don't understand why people try and compare scores with common opponents. Take Maryville vs. WB and HVA for instance. Now look at West vs. WB and HVA. Maryville still beats West if they play this Friday. I don't like West at all, but they must have a pretty good football team to be the turnover machine they are and still beat folks to death.

You're right West is a pretty good football team but those turnovers will be costly in the playoffs when they are playing high powered offensives such as Ooltewah, SD, AC, OR, and even Rhea county.

These playoffs are going to be the best in awhile  Nearly all the teams are competitive