Alcoa stays in 2a?

Ktownfootball

IrishCoffee, on 23 Oct 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:snapback.png

What does going up to 3A do for their basketball, baseball, softball, soccer etc? Do they go to 2A or 1A? If they have to move up because of football that doesn't seem real fair to them.

Do they not play a 3A schedule right now?? 

No, all sports other than football play either A, AA or AAA. For example, in basketball, Class 'A' would be made up of the football '1A' and '2A" teams, Class 'AA' would be 3A and 4A teams and class 'AAA' would be 5A and 6A teams. 

TSSAA likes to complicate things!

I don't think Rankin cares if you respect him or not.

If nothing else, the Alcoa ALUMNI will come to those games to watch their alma mater against their old district rivals. So it's a win-win.

AlcoaBasketball we've had some good discussions on the T, but I have to wonder about moving down to 2A. Grant it you guys will play more district games but aren't you concerned about colleges recruiting your players when you play inferior competition? I'm not sure what the rest of the state will look like in 2A, but from what I've read they don't seem to offer much. When Catholic was in 5A my son was in 8th grade and I was looking forward to him playing those teams because I felt colleges would see him play against good competition. We were moved to 4A but we played you guys CAK, Webb, and eventually Fulton in the playoffs and we started to hear from colleges because of the competition he faced. I know you guys will play Maryville, and you're looking at 7 districts games who else will you play? By the way there's nothing wrong with playing where you placed. I think it's sad that teams were waiting for you and Maryville to announce where you would play before deciding where to play. Teams need to coach their kids up instead of running from competition. Rankin shouldn't have to tell anyone what he's doing.