Clarksville Academy vs. Nashville Christian - Halloween in Nashville

NCSdad1962

I remember reading on here about the kicker incident.  Coaches and players will have to be smart. Any ejections carry over into the playoffs.

Oh how I've waited for this game. 

Here's two of the instances caught on camera. First one is not shockingly bad, still should have been a penalty. But there's no excuse for the second one. No penalties called on either. There were two more instances that were out of view of the camera. What say you gtripledip? You denied this happened for a year now. Care to comment?

Instance 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-n86-pJAnA

Watch upper right of screen near the end of the play. Clarksville Academy blocker graps Nashville Christian's kicker, spins him, and wrestles him to the ground. October 2013

Instance 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lar0VOsAsZk

Watch middle left of screen near the end of the play. Clarksville Academy blocker graps Nashville Christian's kicker, throws him to the ground, holds him down, then another CA player spears him in the back. NO PENALTY - October 2013

Edited by kenmynattcpa

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on a minute. no penalty on the Academy?. I was at this game and witnessed this.  One of the worst since the Eagles/Cowboys games of the 80s.  CA coaches high fived the boys when they came off field after what was basically an assault.  AN NCS parent went and confronted the coaches and got put in the penalty box. This will be a complete blow out but might be worth seeing for the fireworks.

All I can say is....wow... That crap wouldn't fly down here. I'm mean the kicker....really?

There would have never been another play run in WC! Could you have seen that happening to a WC kicker around 08 or 09 Alumni?

Are you guys talking about how teammates would have taken care of the offenders?

This is from Gtripledip. He for one thinks the plays in question were just good football. No doubt this is either being coached or tolerated by the coaches. It happened in the previous years playoff game as well.

Good luck this week CA. You will need a miracle.

• Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:11 AM

Just watched a little film from last night game. I watched the play involving the NCS kicker after the 2nd NCS touchtown where he was hit by two CA players. It looks a little less sinister on film. I watched it six times so I could determine the position of the players on the field. Our ball carrier was on our about the NCS 20 yard line when the incident happen. The NCS kicker was on about the NCS 38 yard line. Our CA logo is painted on the 50 yard line and he was definitely was past that when he was hit. It was not an also illegal hit. I'm sure NCS has it on film also. 

Are you guys talking about how teammates would have taken care of the offenders?

Coaches and players.... They would not be happy about that because of two reasons: 1) why are you letting those 10 other players run by you to block the kicker? 2) why would you take a chance of getting a 15 yard personal foul penalty against a good team like NCS? We don't need that.

That's what meant and on the flip side. I'm thinking what 89 means is that, we have a lot of pride down here and some boys with short tempers. We've been known to start a fight or two if you come after one of us like that. It's not something to be proud of but its taught to look out for each other. If you're civil we're civil.

Coaches and players.... They would not be happy about that because of two reasons: 1) why are you letting those 10 other players run by you to block the kicker? 2) why would you take a chance of getting a 15 yard personal foul penalty against a good team like NCS? We don't need that.

That's what meant and on the flip side. I'm thinking what 89 means is that, we have a lot of pride down here and some boys with short tempers. We've been known to start a fight or two if you come after one of us like that. It's not something to be proud of but its taught to look out for each other. If you're civil we're civil.

Exactly what I meant, don't start it but don't take it!