Gerry Bertier's Unofficial Crystal Ball 3A Playoffs

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year at the end of week 9 instead of projecting this week's playoff standings. I go ahead and pull out my Ouiji board, magic 8 ball, and my lucky 1925 Half Dollar to determine what the standings will look like at the end of the season. So this is based on who I think will win week 10 matchups. Some of you will disagree, some will love it, but it will get us a chance to get a glimpse of what match ups will look like this time next week. Once again if you have questions please feel free to ask.

The last team out was Cascade at 4-6 losing the tiebreak to the other 4-6 teams.

Quad 1

1 Alcoa 9-1 1st

8 Johnson Co. 4-6 WC

4 Sweetwater 6-4 WC

5 West Greene 6-4 WC

3 Pigeon Forge 8-2 WC

6 Gatlinburg-Pittman 6-4 WC

2 Chuckey-Doak 7-3 2nd

7 CAK 5-5 WC

Quad 2

1 Notre Dame 9-1 1st

8 Bledsoe County 4-6 WC

4 Upperman 6-4 WC

5 Grundy Co. 5-5 WC

3 Red Bank 6-4 2nd

6 York 5-5 WC

2 McMinn Central 8-2 2nd

7 Chattanooga Christian 5-5 WC

Quad 3

1 CPA 10-0 1st

8 Harpeth 4-6 WC

4 Westmoreland 8-2 2nd

5 Hickman Co. 7-3 WC

3 East Nashville 9-1 1st

6 Fairview 6-4 WC

2 WH-Heritage 9-1 1st

7 Lipscomb Academy 6-4 WC

Hickman Co. shifts from Quad 4 to Quad 3 due to JCM joining the party. If JCM loses next week they may bump back out west.

Quad 4

1 Waverly 9-1 1st

8 JCM 4-6 WC

4 Milan 7-3 WC

5 Manassas 6-4 WC

3 Westview 8-2 WC

6 Fairley 5-5 WC

2 Camden 8-2 2nd Place

7 Lewis Co. 5-5 WC

JCM is new this week. I project them winning their last game against Covington to get in the playoffs at 4-6. If they lose then we potentially could have a 3-7 team make the playoffs which could shift one or two teams in the quad.

There are currently 32 schools in 3A with 4 or more wins. There is no way that a 3-7 school can make the playoffs.

CPA is 9-0

Alcoa 8-1

East Nashville 8-1

Waverly 8-1

Notre Dame 8-1

Westview 8-1

WH Heritage 8-1

McMinn Central 7-2

Westmoreland 7-2

Camden 7-2

Pigeon Forge 7-2

Manassas 6-3

Hickman 6-3

Gatlinburg Pittman 6-3

Chuckey Doak 6-3

West Greene 6-3

Milan 6-3

Lipscomb 6-3

Fairview 6-3

Upperman 5-4

Sweetwater 5-4

Red Bank 5-4

Grundy 5-4

York 5-4

Chattanooga Christian 4-5

CAK 4-5

Lewis 4-5

Harpeth 4-5

Bledsoe 4-5

Fairley 4-5

Cascade 4-5

Johnson 4-5

NEEDS TO WIN & GET HELP

Sequatchie 3-6

Brained 3-6

Smith 3-6

JCM 3-6

Kingston 3-6

OUT OF CONTENTION

Stewart 2-7

South Gibson 2-7

MLK Prep 2-7

East Hickman 2-7

Tyner 2-7

Sullivan North 1-8

Cannon 1-8

Douglass 1-8

Stratford 1-8

Cumberland Gap 1-8

Happy Valley 1-8

Austin East 1-8

Westwood 0-9

Howard 0-9

Polk 0-9

Cheatham 0-9

When next week is said and done there will be 25+ teams in Class 3A football that finish the 2014 regular season with losing records. That's nearly half of the class. If you've looked at teams across the state this year and said "they ain't that good" chances are you're probably correct. It's a down year in 3A football to say the least. No wonder teams like CPA and Alcoa go virtually untested and are all but a "lock" to meet a little more than one month's time.

The catlicks will blow through quad 2 and get monkey stomped by alcoee in the semifinals.  The funnest thing is with it being an even year, Notre Dame will host on their crappy field. :roflolk:  Or maybe they can play in Ringgold. :rolleyes:

SIGNAL MOUNTAIN    0  0  3  0  --  3

NOTRE DAME     0  14  7  14  --  35

ND -- Kareem Orr 65 pass from Alex Darras (Rhys Robertson kick), 9:55 left in the second;

ND -- Orr 15 pass from Darras (Robertson kick), 4:44 left in second;

SM -- Ben Brown 28 field goal, 3:42 left in third;

ND -- Auston Banks 47 run (Robertson kick), 1:02 left in third;

ND -- Anthony Flemister 50 interception return (Robertson kick), 5:45 left in fourth;

ND -- Jared Andrews 55 punt return (Robertson kick), 4:10 left in fourth.

...gotta luv not hate :wub:

Edited by Booger

Every year at the end of week 9 instead of projecting this week's playoff standings. I go ahead and pull out my Ouiji board, magic 8 ball, and my lucky 1925 Half Dollar to determine what the standings will look like at the end of the season. So this is based on who I think will win week 10 matchups. Some of you will disagree, some will love it, but it will get us a chance to get a glimpse of what match ups will look like this time next week. Once again if you have questions please feel free to ask.

The last team out was Cascade at 4-6 losing the tiebreak to the other 4-6 teams.

Quad 1

1 Alcoa 9-1 1st

8 Johnson Co. 4-6 WC

4 Sweetwater 6-4 WC

5 West Greene 6-4 WC

3 Pigeon Forge 8-2 WC

6 Gatlinburg-Pittman 6-4 WC

2 Chuckey-Doak 7-3 2nd

7 CAK 5-5 WC

Quad 2

1 Notre Dame 9-1 1st

8 Bledsoe County 4-6 WC

4 Upperman 6-4 WC

5 Grundy Co. 5-5 WC

3 Red Bank 6-4 2nd

6 York 5-5 WC

2 McMinn Central 8-2 2nd

7 Chattanooga Christian 5-5 WC

Quad 3

1 CPA 10-0 1st

8 Harpeth 4-6 WC

4 Westmoreland 8-2 2nd

5 Hickman Co. 7-3 WC

3 East Nashville 9-1 1st

6 Fairview 6-4 WC

2 WH-Heritage 9-1 1st

7 Lipscomb Academy 6-4 WC

Hickman Co. shifts from Quad 4 to Quad 3 due to JCM joining the party. If JCM loses next week they may bump back out west.

Quad 4

1 Waverly 9-1 1st

8 JCM 4-6 WC

4 Milan 7-3 WC

5 Manassas 6-4 WC

3 Westview 8-2 WC

6 Fairley 5-5 WC

2 Camden 8-2 2nd Place

7 Lewis Co. 5-5 WC

JCM is new this week. I project them winning their last game against Covington to get in the playoffs at 4-6. If they lose then we potentially could have a 3-7 team make the playoffs which could shift one or two teams in the quad.

Last years team was very talented, but this years team is no where near that caliber. For the record, beating those 1a schools last year by 50+ didn't benefit you any....the QB stats maybe!! Playing other 3a or higher classes teams "may" have prevented the blow out by Alcoa.

What team in the area would you recommend is schedule then? Cookeville and white county would have been beat by 50+ also. Few teams in Tennessee will prepare you for Alcoa Edited by JohnnyRay

When next week is said and done there will be 25+ teams in Class 3A football that finish the 2014 regular season with losing records. That's nearly half of the class. If you've looked at teams across the state this year and said "they ain't that good" chances are you're probably correct. It's a down year in 3A football to say the least. No wonder teams like CPA and Alcoa go virtually untested and are all but a "lock" to meet a little more than one month's time.

This is one of the downsides of the Z plan when you have 4a schools playing 3a schools in district play it is going to hurt the 3a schools but this year there is an even more drastic effect.

In 4a there are 20 first place or runner ups compared to only 12 for 3a.

What if Manassas Beats Craigmont && Becomes 3-7 What # Seed will they Be m Who Will They Face Most Likely in the 1st Round?

Manassas would be the #3 seed in the quad. I would have them playing Fairley, who would be a 6 seed.

If GP beats PF game 10, both are 7-3. could one of them draw CAK instead of Chuckey Doak. 

If that is the case the first two tiebreakers would be even for both teams and it would come down the 3rd tiebreaker. It would not effect the Chuckey-Doak and CAK match up.

What if Lewis County loses. They been really banged up and if they dont get healthy this week it could be another loss

I think they still get in at 4-6 due to having 5 teams on their schedule winning 50% of their games, now if some of those 3 win teams pull upsets then their streak may be in jeopardy.