District 10A Championship - CA @ NCS

NCSdad1962

I guess everyone has to look at the video and see what the intent is. There have been many instances where a clean block was not the end result.

Tonight a punch was thrown, at our kicker, on one play. Later a player chases our kicker across the field until being tackled by his own player, probably CA's best hit of the game. This action was literally 50 yards from the where the tackle is taking place.

I guess it's just coincidence? My advice would be to expend more energy trying to tackle the running backs, and leave the kicker alone.

In reply to NCSdad as well as Kenmy:

A) This is the first time i have ever cared enough to post, so no. It is not a new screen name. (Not that it really matters)

b ) As for Kenmy, if that is how you wish to translate it, so be it. However, I must inform you that you are indeed putting incorrect words in my mouth. See, I truly meant what I said in that post as written, as I did in some of my previous posts in attempt to show my non-bitter attitude and preference not to argue. 

C) If the two of you wish to disregard my attempts to keep this classy and as non hostile as possible, I will gladly remove myself from the conversation. I was under the impression there were reasonable conversations to be had on message boards such as this. However, (and I do not believe I am the first person to point this out) I have no desire to take place in the snarky, back and forth, non game related remarks that the two of you frequently like to make.  

People don't get along sometimes. I am not blind enough to be unaware of the other run-ins you two could have potentially had with different fans at different times. I would like to not be thrown in with your generalization of no credibility just because I happen to have a differing view (while still somewhat agreeing with you, which either of you have still yet to do to my knowledge) than your clearly biased one. 

Edited by TnColt88

Something is fishy about this mess ALTHOUGH I certainly don't believe, Hood has coached these boys to target one player like has been said. He has had me raise a brow on occasions but I wasn't there so my guess/opinion is invalid. Certainly am glad that NCS won this game though

All I am trying to say. He is a grown man, and a community respected one at that. He has bigger fish to fry than trying to hurt a kicker. 

In reply to NCSdad as well as Kenmy:

A) This is the first time i have ever cared enough to post, so no. It is not a new screen name. (Not that it really matters)

b ) As for Kenmy, if that is how you wish to translate it, so be it. However, I must inform you that you are indeed putting incorrect words in my mouth. See, I truly meant what I said in that post as written, as I did in some of my previous posts in attempt to show my non-bitter attitude and preference not to argue. 

C) If the two of you wish to disregard my attempts to keep this classy and as non hostile as possible, I will gladly remove myself from the conversation. I was under the impression there were reasonable conversations to be had on message boards such as this. However, (and I do not believe I am the first person to point this out) I have no desire to take place in the snarky, back and forth, non game related remarks that the two of you frequently like to make.  

People don't get along sometimes. I am not blind enough to be unaware of the other run-ins you two could have potentially had with different fans at different times. I would like to not be thrown in with your generalization of no credibility just because I happen to have a differing view (while still somewhat agreeing with you, which either of you have still yet to do to my knowledge) than your clearly biased one. 

A.  If this is the first time you have ever cared enough to post, your stance to defend the indefensible is curious indeed.  I could put the videos in front of 10 outside-the-situation observers and they would come to the same conclusion. 

B.  I appreciate your non-bitter attitude.  Maybe I'll appreciate it more in the morning when I've slept off some of this anger.  It just gets real old to see people come on here and try to defend these actions.  Like I asked before (and you completely dodged the question), so you've seen these tactics employed before?  I've yet to see Saban or Belichick do this.

C.  Which non game related remarks are you referring to?  

Edited by NCSdad1962

Something is fishy about this mess ALTHOUGH I certainly don't believe, Hood has coached these boys to target one player like has been said. He has had me raise a brow on occasions but I wasn't there so my guess/opinion is invalid. Certainly am glad that NCS won this game though

I understand your point, but conversely, Hood has certainly NOT coached these boys to NOT target one player.  At some point (after this has happened for 5 consecutive games) a head coach must take some responsibility.  I can't believe for one minute that Coach Clark would let his kids repeatedly pull that crap.  Make sense?

I understand your point, but conversely, Hood has certainly NOT coached these boys to NOT target one player. At some point (after this has happened for 5 consecutive games) a head coach must take some responsibility. I can't believe for one minute that Coach Clark would let his kids repeatedly pull that crap. Make sense?

Oh yeah I see your point and kid should've been pulled and disciplined at practice if it was as overboard as it seems

A) As a fan of the sport as a whole at all levels, I respectfully disagree with your continued assault on the block of the kicker. 

B  )As stated earlier by someone else, your kicker attempted and almost made a tackle on the runback. For the most part, NFL kickers don't. When they do, Trindon Halliday (Holliday, Halliday?) ends up as Pat Mcafee's hit of the week last October when the Broncos came to Indy. 

That being said, just because you personally have not seen a tactic employed before does not automatically render it "dirty" or any less of a play than a block on a running play. 

C) Mainly the one I now see Kemny has deleted regarding my statement attempting to make peace and remove myself from the conversation. Also slightly to do with your insisting to throw in the comment pertaining to my "new screen name". Mainly Kemny twisting words though, again, has been removed. 

I am obviously not going to change your opinion on the situation, and I am okay with that. I respect it. I however, respectfully request that you do the same for mine; rather than continuously point out how "indefensible" it is without really even providing any rhyme or reason as to why you believe blocking a would be tackler is a "dirty" play. I have already conceded that #60's actions were excessive late. My viewpoint does not pertain to that, as you should already know. 

Edited by TnColt88

A) As a fan of the sport as a whole at all levels, I respectfully disagree with your continued assault on the block of the kicker.

B )As stated earlier by someone else, your kicker attempted and almost made a tackle on the runback. For the most part, NFL kickers don't. When they do, Trindon Halliday (Holliday, Halliday?) ends up as Pat Mcafee's hit of the week last October when the Broncos came to Indy.

That being said, just because you personally have not seen a tactic employed before does not automatically render it "dirty" or any less of a play than a block on a running play.

C) Mainly the one I now see Kemny has deleted regarding my statement attempting to make peace and remove myself from the conversation. Also slightly to do with your insisting to throw in the comment pertaining to my "new screen name". Mainly Kemny twisting words though, again, has been removed.

I am obviously not going to change your opinion on the situation, and I am okay with that. I respect it. I however, respectfully request that you do the same for mine; rather than continuously point out how "indefensible" it is without really even providing any rhyme or reason as to why you believe blocking a would be tackler is a "dirty" play. I have already conceded that #60's actions were excessive late. My viewpoint does not pertain to that, as you should already know.

I agree we aren't going to change the other's opinion. And I respect your differing opinion. But just to clear up my argument, there is absolutely nothing wrong with blocking a would-be tackler. And here is where we differ and I will just let it go...... I'm not talking about the blocking, I'm talking about the excessive stuff. There was a punch thrown tonight too. And you did watch the videos posted from last year, correct? There is a clear pattern here.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I agree we aren't going to change the other's opinion.  And I respect your differing opinion.  But just to clear up my argument, there is absolutely nothing wrong with blocking a would-be tackler.  And here is where we differ and I will just let it go...... I'm not talking about the blocking, I'm talking about the excessive stuff.  You did watch the videos posted from last year, correct?  There is a clear pattern here.

I 100% agree with your opinion on the excessive acts. There is no place for that in football or any other sport for that matter. I do not believe #60 returned to the game after that and if Hood is anything like he use to be, the kid will pay for it all next week. 

I was truly disappointed to see the excessive after whistle act towards the end of the game. All I can do is relay and emphasize to you the wonderfully respected man that coach Hood is and deserves to be recognized as. Text on a screen will inadequately relay my true feelings towards it, but I will say things are never as good or as bad as they may seem in the moment. Things happen, opinions (sometimes unchangeable ones at that) get formed, and blood boils for all involved. I do not expect you to wish to have a sit down dinner with our coach, but I hope you keep that in mind when forming lifelong opinions. 

It is 1:03 as I'm finishing up this last piece, so its officially time to hit the hay. Enjoyed it and I mean it when I saw good luck in the playoffs this season. Stay healthy and represent district 10-a well! No hard feelings here. 

TnColt88