State Scores

ChattanoogaCannon

Actually, in Chattanooga they could have played all of the games at one complex on great fields where you could have walked from game to game with ease.  TSSAA is only interested in one thing.  Sad to say.

I assume you mean Camp Jordan, but I am pretty sure Camp Jordan would have been a bigger mess on Wednesday than Siegel was.  Camp Jordan does not drain at all.  If they want to have all the games at one complex, I don't think there is a better complex in Tennessee than Siegal.  Decent drainage, plenty of decent bathrooms, good parking, and fences around the fields so balls are not going off into the woods constantly.  The problem with Siegel is that it is overused.  They just had a large club tournament there last weekend after having heavy rain last week.  Probably not the best scenario.

That being said, I don't know why it needs to be at one complex, and I would rather see the games played on good stadium fields, even if they are miles apart.  Something about having to bring a chair to a State game just ain't right.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you mean Camp Jordan, but I am pretty sure Camp Jordan would have been a bigger mess on Wednesday than Siegel was.  Camp Jordan does not drain at all.  If they want to have all the games at one complex, I don't think there is a better complex in Tennessee than Siegal.  Decent drainage, plenty of decent bathrooms, good parking, and fences around the fields so balls are not going off into the woods constantly.  The problem with Siegel is that it is overused.  They just had a large club tournament there last weekend after having heavy rain last week.  Probably not the best scenario.

That being said, I don't know why it needs to be at one complex, and I would rather see the games played on good stadium fields, even if they are miles apart.  Something about having to bring a chair to a State game just ain't right.

Booger supporting most of what you say :mrgreen: in the last paragraph

Edited by Booger

Best facility in the state by far and centrally located. Suggesting Memphis is, well, kinda crazy. I was by the complex yesterday and it looked to be in good shape even with the heavy rain received for several hours Tuesday.

You guys do know how the TSSAA is funded right? You also know how the proceeds are divided at each state playoff game too? Have you even seen the TSSAA headquarters? They definently aren't spending any $$ on it!! Lol

Lastly, to the guy complaining about the Spring EVERY patch of grass whether it was a ball field, golf course or yard was devastated last Spring. To complain about that is nitpicking at best. There was nothing that could be done about it. My daughters team and club won almost all the div 1 championships and I didn't hear many complaints because people understood it was a widespread issue.

You guys and your conspiracy theories about the TSSAA give me a chuckle or two. Keep them coming! ðŸ‘😄😄

....and to state camp jordan does not drain at all as if to say these Siegal fields are?....for the little amount of rain that fell, those fields should not be in the condition they are in 2 days after the fact. and tomorrow for the Final at the stadium...there will be absolutely no improvement over what the girls have already played on.

Booger will agree it may be the best layout, but playing surfaces there anytime of year are average or just above average at best....and come fall or winter, they go way below the mark..

regardless of the where geographically in the state the tournament is played; this tournament should not have to be played on sub-par surfaces

....Booger just sayin :popcorneater:

Those fields are better than any of the larger type complex's every year. My daughter played in an RPL game at Mike Rose LAST weekend and those fields were nothing great. Plus not one is a flat surface.

In fact the Siegal complex/surfaces is/are used probably less than any other complex in the state when you consider club size and total number of fields.