9-A

ecu

what happen at Unionville?[/quote

They graduated 6 seniors from last year's team that had great success last 2 years. Only returned 1 starter from last year and have played all year without their 6' 6" that was hurt in football. Most of their starters played very little varsity ball. They are starting 2 sophomores and using young guys off bench including a few freshmen. They have been improving all year. Beat Houston County who is pretty good in 10 A and missed free throws to beat Huntland and led Eagleville by 9 to start 4th quarter the paper said. It's a young team with just a few seniors that will be better down the road but play hard

Edited by clarkgriswold

Clarkgriswold brought up a huge point. Community did beat Houston Co (who is currently LEADING district 10a). That alone says a lot about our district and the potential to do very well at region......no matter who goes! I don't know about anyone else, but I never feel like any 9A district game is an automatic win. I agree that the home teams should all be the favorites on Friday, BUT I sure wouldn't be surprised if all the road teams pull out a win. Huntland has been playing great and has already beat MTCS this year. Community has been knocking on victories door and they are playing for pride.....did not mean that as a pun lol. Then there is Moore Co.....they are riding a 4 game district win streak and have been finding a way to win those hard fought close games. I truly believe anyone can beat anyone, with the exception of Fayetteville City. Early in the year a made a comment that the stars would have to be aligned just right to pull off an upset against them......and it happened. They are a really good team that is very solid at all positions, and It took an almost perfect game to beat them. We have a very solid district and I will be a fan of whoever survives the district tourney and goes to the regional level.

Well said..it's fun to see how the district changes every year. When you are in class a I think there will be times when you have above average talent and sometimes you hit some years where you are young or less talented. Community and MTCS along with Eagleville and Fayetteville have been at or near top and now you see Moore, Huntland making some noise and don't sleep.on Forrest. Last year I think they finished at .500 during regular season then got to tournament and won it. 9A is fun to watch in all the sports and have had great success. Good fans, good atmospheres, and you can almost book that upsets will happen. Congrats to Moore County on a great year so far and good luck to all teams.

Foster Pride Parker Leonard and Hopkins are best 5 players in the district. Keith and Northcutt are right behind them..

1. Hopkins-FC

2. Parker-Eagleville

3. Foster-Huntland

4. Pride-Community

5. Keith-FC

Sorry but if I'm picking teams I can't take Leonard over Keith. Northcutt and Parks are right ther behind them also. 

1. Hopkins-FC

2. Parker-Eagleville

3. Foster-Huntland

4. Pride-Community

5. Keith-FC

Sorry but if I'm picking teams I can't take Leonard over Keith. Northcutt and Parks are right ther behind them also.

No way Kobe Foster isn't #1! When he and Hopkins went head to head Foster torched him. NO ONE on FC could guard him. 43 pts 11 boards and a D1 Team recruiting him during that game.

No way Kobe Foster isn't #1! When he and Hopkins went head to head Foster torched him. NO ONE on FC could guard him. 43 pts 11 boards and a D1 Team recruiting him during that game.

Then using your logic Pride is better than Kobe because Kobe scored 19 on Community and Pride had 32.

Edited by clarkgriswold

All the players mentioned are great players......period! What I am about to bring up is not a knock on any of these great players, instead it's just pointing out the differences in playing environments. One of the biggest things I feel is overlooked is scoring efficiency. I have heard that Kobe shot the ball 35 times the night he played FC. If he shot the ball that many times he better have had the night he had. I believe a very modest shots:points ratio is 1:1. In other words if he shot the ball 35 times he better have at least 35 points. I'm curious how many shots Hopkins took. Did he shoot the ball 10-15 times and scored 22 pts? Who was more efficient? Hopkins doesnt need to shoot the ball as many times as Kobe because he has more scoring options around him. What would Hopkins do if he played for Huntland and what would Kobe do if he played for FC? The comparison of who is better is pointless because they are both GREAT players and they cannot control the environments that they have been dealt to play in. I'm just glad I have had the opportunity to watch both of them play!

• Upvote 1

Agree 100 percent. So much has to do with the supporting cast. You need about 7 to 8 solid players to be successful in hoops. Role players are essential to team success. I agree if you take a lot of shots chances are your average will be higher than others. More to being a great player than points per game. We are lucky we get to watch Foster, Pride and all the great players in this district. People don't realize sometimes how tough our district is in every sport..if you can survive the district you have a great shot at advancing. We sometimes just look at teams records and assume their great or bad based on win loss record and don't take into account their strength of schedule non district, injuries, etc. To me it's about seeing teams get better every game like forrest did last year..finished 6-6 then beat mtcs by 20.in tournament and held fayetteville to 37 points in championship game. Regular season records are fine but basketball is a fun tournament sport and this year will be worth 5 bucks to see all these great young men compete. Wish everyone the best and hope we do great against 10A.