9-A

ecu

Not sure Fayetteville City will have a challenging district game at all this year. Now of course anyone can be beat on any given night, but the stars will have to be aligned just right for any team to pull off the upset!!! It will be interesting to see who steps up in the district and gives them a scare.

Eagleville will give them a challenge and get at least a split. These are the best two teams.

Any predictions for Fridays games?

Community @ Huntland

Forrest @ MTCS

Moore Co @ Fayetteville City

The homer in me says Lynchburg High brings their "A" game to the City and it won't be near enough--FHS by at least 10 or 15.

Huntland is tough at home and their gym is a scary place, give it to Huntland.

Not sure about Forrest or MT, but will go with Forrest on the road.

Fayetteville City had an impressive showing last night, defeating the visiting Huntland Hornets 85-63.  Leading the whole game, at one point it got to a thirty point lead.  All but one of the starting five sat out the whole fourth quarter.  Good start for district play.  Challenging game this Friday when Moore Co. comes to the City, can't wait!

Huntland's leading scorer did not play

I was a bit shocked this morning when I looked at the scores from last nights games. Fayetteville City taking care of business was not a big shock, but one of the districts "2 best teams" losing at home was rather shocking. I had a chance to see MTCS lose by 1 at Huntland a couple of weeks ago and would have never believed they could beat Eagleville based upon how they played that night. Perhaps they were missing some players that night? Needless to say, big win for MTCS. In the third game I see that Moore Co pulls off the upset against Huntland at home. Is Huntlands's leading scorer still out??? What a crazy night in 9-A, but it always is.

I was a bit shocked this morning when I looked at the scores from last nights games. Fayetteville City taking care of business was not a big shock, but one of the districts "2 best teams" losing at home was rather shocking. I had a chance to see MTCS lose by 1 at Huntland a couple of weeks ago and would have never believed they could beat Eagleville based upon how they played that night. Perhaps they were missing some players that night? Needless to say, big win for MTCS. In the third game I see that Moore Co pulls off the upset against Huntland at home. Is Huntlands's leading scorer still out??? What a crazy night in 9-A, but it always is.

He played. Was surprised by MTCS. Eagleville played a tough game in OT on Monday night. MTCS is much better than expected after losing so many from last year.

• 3 weeks later...