9-A

ecu

No way Kobe Foster isn't #1! When he and Hopkins went head to head Foster torched him. NO ONE on FC could guard him. 43 pts 11 boards and a D1 Team recruiting him during that game.

Well after watching Kobe play a few times in the last couple of weeks I would put him ahead of Parker but not Hopkins. Hopkins is too calm and collected and doesn't need to score 43 to win as he has better cast than Kobe. Also looking at college I would think Hopkins has a better shot as he is a true PG and Kobe is just a scorer and size may affect him. All in all both are great players that any coach would love to have. 

Well after watching Kobe play a few times in the last couple of weeks I would put him ahead of Parker but not Hopkins. Hopkins is too calm and collected and doesn't need to score 43 to win as he has better cast than Kobe. Also looking at college I would think Hopkins has a better shot as he is a true PG and Kobe is just a scorer and size may affect him. All in all both are great players that any coach would love to have. 

I will agree with you dhale99, 100%!  apsugov7 has his blinders on and makes me think his dog ain't huntin'.  (Huntland. Get it apsugov? get it?)  Foster is no doubt a great, three-sport athlete, but Nick Hopkins, that's what he does.  He plays basketball, and, plays very very well.  Yes, Kobe did score 43 that night.  The team total was 59 in that loss to Fayetteville.  I don't know for a fact, that is, I have not seen the scoring per person per quarter, but I was there that night.  It seemed that most or all of the first half, he tore us up.  No doubt.  The second half, not so much.  Huntland as a team scored 17 points in the 1st, 22 in the 2nd, 8 in the 3rd, and 12 in the 4th quarters.  I went to the unapproved website website and checked out his stats for that game.  I cannot compare Nick's numbers to Foster's directly because Fayetteville's stats haven't been loaded for that game on that website, but, I would bet that they will be impressive for the four quarters, not just one half.  You can look at that website and have an idea of team/individual/game totals and stats that have been entered in so far.  And, you can compare apples to apples in each stat category.  Nick is ranked in the top in several of those, Kobe, not so much.  While FHS has the luxury of rostering several talented players, there doesn't seem to be a "SuperStar/Diva" mentality or attitude.  The role players and the go-to guys are all working together to surpass the previous teams' accomplishments.  Granted, there has only been three teams prior in our short history, but year to year, they have improved upon the records.  Nick has been there, contributing since he was in the eighth grade. That's the kind of team leader, as a junior, that FHS has playing for us.  But, it is our team that will take us to the regionals, and hopefully beyond.  God willing, Nick will continue to add to his already impressive statistics next year as a senior.  This year, this year he is approaching the 2000 point mark, which already at 1774, he may yet reach this season.  If apsugov would look beyond his own player, and recognize the talent on the other teams in this district, he would realize that it doesn't matter if a D1 scout is watching or not.  It's what the player does for four quarters, how he adjusts his game, controls the game, controls and leads his team mates during the season against familiar and unfamiliar opponents, and on into the district tournament.  Hopkins is head and shoulders among the best in this district, and between Nick and Kobe, Nick every time. 

(Fayetteville City, Varo get it?get it?) Thanks Bro, you proved my point for me. Foster is a 3 sport star and may be able to pick which sports scholarship he chooses. The fact that Hopkins just plays basketball and Foster goes from 1 sport to the next without focusing on just 1 and to still get TOP awards in each should speak volumes. You say he only scored in the 1st half your watching with blinders! 25 in the 1st half and 18 in the 2nd...yelp yall slowed him down! C'mon man this was without any rest and Hopkins got plenty. These little league aau rankings don't mean jack, don't you think foster could do the same if that's all he did? He will end up at the same size college as your boy while playing 3, most college coaches love dual sports athlete's. Nick Hopkins is a great high school player never taking anything away from him but each time i've saw them play head to head foster has eat him alive.

That Foster kid plays all 3 sports? Wow! You mean he don't "specialize" in basketball and play it year around? You mean he's selfless and he thinks about how he can help his school win in other sports? He isn't afraid to hit a Homerun, throw a curve, intercepted a pass, lead the conference in yards receiving, steal bases, flat back a WR AND DOMINATE his district in basketball? I'll take a kid that sacrifices his own ambitions at times because he loves his school and community over a "specialized" ANY DAY OF THE WEEK SAID THE COLLEGE