Soddy Daisy vs. Oak Ridge 1st Round

boyfromsi

It may be a little premature for this post but I have learned to deal with being premature before. I just think about my mother-in-law...naked!!

Come playoff time does a good team start putting in new plays and schemes or do you go full tilt back to the basics, technique and responsibilities. Is OR good enough to be predictable?

With the fact that most likely in the third round OR will be facing another team that hasn't lost a game, can they really afford to ignore that fact until the game is only 6 days and really 3 practices away?

Does anyone have any insight into the Owls and Rhea Co. game should that game happen. I am an OR fan not a player or coach so I can afford to look ahead.

Lastly does it bother any one but me that OR doesn't have to beat Murville to win a state championship?

It may be a little premature for this post but I have learned to deal with being premature before. I just think about my mother-in-law...naked!!

Come playoff time does a good team start putting in new plays and schemes or do you go full tilt back to the basics, technique and responsibilities. Is OR good enough to be predictable?

With the fact that most likely in the third round OR will be facing another team that hasn't lost a game, can they really afford to ignore that fact until the game is only 6 days and really 3 practices away?

Does anyone have any insight into the Owls and Rhea Co. game should that game happen. I am an OR fan not a player or coach so I can afford to look ahead.

Lastly does it bother any one but me that OR doesn't have to beat Murville to win a state championship?

Just continue to do what got us here. Good defense and special teams along with a fairly good offense. We still have a lot of work to do in the run game, but I have heard some rumblings that their may be some changes in the OL. Not any major changes, but another guy may step in for another. Just going by what I have heard from some people closely associated with the team. I think we have more things up our sleeve that we didn't show during the year. I guess we will see what those things are as the playoffs progress. Owls and Rhea County are tough. Both will be tough games if OR has to play them. No games from here on forward will be easy. Everyone is fighting for their playoff lives so to say. About Maryville. It bothers me and it doesn't. I would like to see how we would stack up against the best the state has to offer even though we would probably lose that game. It bothers me to a point that OR is no longer at the highest classification of TN HS football, no doubt. But, we are where we belong numbers wise. Maryville just has something we don't right now and we're not alone there they have what everyone else doesn't have. Although they should be in 5A with the classes coming out next year they have the resources to where they can move up. I would like for us to play up, but on the other hand I guess it isn't fair to the kids. Does it bother me that if we do win a state championship we would have not had to go through them to get it? No, not really. That gold ball will be just as pretty as theirs if that happens. We have just over 1300 students. We aren't the OR of old anymore with 1600 + kids. We're playing where we belong. If Maryville had of chosen to stay in 5A next year we weren't going anywhere and would've been playing them, but they chose to go up. They have what it takes to do that, we don't at this point in time.

It doesn't bother me at all. I just want to get there and win

I don't believe that OR could beat Maryville to win a state Championship.JMO