Soddy Daisy vs. Oak Ridge 1st Round

boyfromsi

WB scrimmaged Soddy in our 1st scrimmage of the pre-season. They edged us 54-49... Neither team could stop each other and we exchanged points the whole game. The main thing I remember about that scrimmage is Soddy had 1 good player that they threw to and he scored pretty much all of their tds. Another thing is they missed on all of their extra point field goals. That was our first time on the field against a team with this wacky defense we have been running. If we had replayed Soddy the next week week we would have beaten them. So Needless to say I don't think Soddy has a snowball's chance in this game.

Edited by Governors91

My concern about this game is that they beat Cleveland who is always good and they score lots of points. We need to play well and take care of business!

I don't think you need to worry about them. Ya'll are 10-0 and they only won 4 games against very questionable competition. Their only quality win was against a cleveland team that wasn't playing well at the time. SD fell apart in the 2nd half of the season. I would be surprised if this game is even remotely close.

cleveland isn't as good as usual, and turned the ball over 6 times that game.

The 6 turnovers were killer, otherwise Cleveland beat them handily. Soddy Daisy has a good QB and some skill players, but defense won't stop many. Oak Ridge wins this without much trouble although SD could make it interesting early.

The following is from City Scope 2014 High School Football preview magazine.

Schedule - Coach's View

:" We have a lot of experience returning. Offensively, we return 8 out of 11 starters and have several other guys looking to break the lineup. Defensively, there are a couple of holes to fill and during spring some of the guys have stepped up and are doing a great job filling those spots. We're very opportunistic and of course we still have the same tough schedule as last year. " Coach Justin Barnes

Q: How would you characterize this years team.

A: Experienced, eager and willing.

Q: What will be the keys to success?

A: We have to be more efficient offensively. Last year we struggled on 3rd downs and being able to stay on the field. A little bit of that was our inexperience which this year is not the case. Defensively, we have got to get off the field.

Q: Who will be the key leaders on the team?

A: # 14 Hunter Maynor (SR QB), #9 Tre Carter (JR WR/FS), # 26 Cheistian Bell (JR RB/CB), # 75 Kyle Pifer (SR OL/DL), # 24 Levi Thonrton (SR WR), # 15 Blake Smith (SR WR), # 1 Logan Sutherlund (SR WR/OLB), # 53 Hunter Hall (SR OL/DL), # 56 Grant Cordell (JR OL/DL)

Q: What will keep you up at night?

A: We've got to be more efficient on both sides of the ball. Our schedule is tough and we've got to be able to control the ball and keep the other team off the field. This will include running the ball better against the fronts we will see.

Q: What can you build on from lasy year?

A: We had early success. We were very young offensively. Last year our QB and all four wide receivers were first time starters along with only two returning offensive linemen. This year our QB and all four wide receivers return along with six offensive linemen that saw extensive playing time last year. We've made strides in many areas.