ROCKWOOD vs. sweetwater!!

99ALLTHEWAY

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what you said about proper execution of plays and coaching being the key issue in this game. I have seen a new play or play option every week up Rex Rhodes sleeve. The coaching is the on top of what is needed to win not only this game but..well, one game at a time. The plays will be executed properly and if not they will fill the void. The team is deep in talent, on the field and in the coaching. The main thing is for them to use this team/coaching talent and take it DEEP in the WATER...One game at a time...Take me to the BOROOOOOOO..... :D:D:D:):rolleyes::D

Talk all you want about speed, but the first meeting was won up front by Sweetwater's big people. They dominated the line and that allowed Latham to run for 130 yards without any big runs. If Rockwood doesn't do better in the trenches then they're in trouble. If Rockwood can play even in the trenches then this game could be a classic because both teams have a ton of playmakers. One thing that will help Rockwood's defense is the fact that they have allowed just 13 points in their last five games. Granted they haven't played anyone with Sweetwater's firepower, but they are playing well. I believe Sweetwater will win in the end, but the Tigers could make it very, very interesting if they can play better in the trenches.

I agree with you Goose. Rockwood did an excellent job in the first game of containing the big play. Rwood has excellent db's and didn't let sweetwater get to the corners. Everybody talks about the "speed" of sweetwater, but I don't think they have that breakaway speed that they used to have. What they do have is quickness getting to the holes (and closing the holes on d.). That seems to have worked well with a small(er), quick line.

Guest yungwater

i agree with both of ya'll...goose and voice... Rockwood could make this a very interesting game, but i DO thank we have more speed than than ya'll give us credit for, but yeah it could be interesting granted Rockwood comez ready to play. I have hurd playerz talk lately tho', they are very determined, they're not gonna let this championship season blow away against Rockwood, theze castz r determined to take this, BALEEV me .. be ready!

Prediction: SWEETWATER-35 ROCKWOOD-7

[Edited by yungwater on 11-15-02 3:12P]

The big cats up front are playing great and that is what Rockwood won't be able to handle. The big cats dominated them last time and will do it again, they have even gotten better. Big games are won in the trenches and the rain even makes it better for the big cats and a back like Dustin Latham. T.J. is a mudder and has performed very well in the past in big playoff games in the mud. Sweetwater will win by 28. :o:):D

Well in about 20min im heading to the game Good Luck to both teams and I hope Rockwood makes it very close, I want this to be a Classic not a game that ends by half time. But Rockwood will need to play there hearts out for it and i belive they just might. You never know It will be a good game to watch in the Freezing Cold Rain. Sweetwater better hope your backs can hold onto the ball in the rain so does Rockwoods. Im still hoping for OT because i love those games. See ya there Boys and Girls.

I really wish I could see this game as well and hope the best for coach Webb, his staff and all the young men in Tigerville.

I have made some comments this week, tongue-in-cheek, trying to get these young men fired up because I know so many of them. I hope they play their best game of the season, because in all honesty, it will take quite an effort to beat a solid Sweetwater team.

Rockwood has the talent...I just hope they cutdown on the mistakes and play four quarters. Good luck Tigers!

oshsman.......... how come you are always getting on here and putting sweetwater down? we respect OS. why can't you just respect us? forget about the past. who cares if OS beat sweetwater in the past. it doesn't even matter about the game this regular season. all that matters is this coming friday when we meet in the quarterfinals. also leave sweetwater's head coach alone. he has done a great job this year. he has helped this team,with the help of the other coaches, come together and be the team that they are now . you are just mad because he called you out a while back. so get over it. coach rhodes is a great coach. acutally he is quite smart but you wouldn't know that would you? no b/c you get on here and talk about people without even knowing them for who they truely are. well good luck friday. it should be a really great game. :D