Week 1 of the Playoffs: Elizabethton at Knox Catholic

BigDave1967

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Sonny Moore Computer Rankings, Fulton came back to the crowd a little. Most others of import in Quad 1 stayed about the same. That Game 10 for Betsy sure had consequences. Betsy is a 19 point dog this week, while South is a 30 favorite. Greeneville will be a 4 point favorite over South.

I'd take Betsy and the points. Roll Cyclones.

I have never heard anyone say he wanted to leave. I would not be surprised if he did leave because sometimes you have done all you can and it is time to walk away. Then again he might be real happy and coach at EHS another 30 years

The folks down at Oak Ridge said that he applied for the head coach position that was open down there last year.

The folks down at Oak Ridge said that he applied for the head coach position that was open down there last year.

He did but that's a good paying job and it would be interesting to see what he could do with a team like that because there is just so much you can do with the talent he has at Betsy.

In the South game last week South's defense adjusted to #28 in the 2nd half and really kept him bottled up.     Then for whatever reason the Betsy coaches wanted to air it out downfield every other play, and the Cyclones could not get anything going.

I expect 28 to run all over Catlick in the 1st half, just like at South.    Here is what Eliz needs to do, in the 2nd half if Catlick stops 28 don't go into passing mode like you did against South, you aren't JOe Montana.      I would throw some short and/or screen passes to 28 and just let him do the rest.    Bottom line, Elizabethton lives or dies on 28

Ethan Thomas, Elizabethton 2018 yards this year, 6340 career #8 Tennessee all time, career rushing games over 100 yards 36, #2 in TN history. 18 Consecutive 100-Yard Rushing Games #2 in TN History. 

And he plays in upper E TN.  That young man is quick....if is plays in Knoxville, Chattanooga, Nashville or Memphis we say....sooooo?