Play Day at Polk County

ukhoops

Its no secret that kids like to play for winning programs and Central has for sure won their fare share of championships. Coach Morgan is a good coach and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and his program.

What I get a kick out of is the card the Central people always play in all sports. Well McMinn is so much bigger and they should win. That argument doesn't hold water with me. Bottom line is that in basketball especially girls Central has had better talent. Until McMinn gets its program back to the days of when Tucker was there they will continue to struggle against the good teams like Central. In my opinion McMinn is on track with the current freshman group and the girls playing at the elementary schools that feed McMinn.

Another interesting point is if the school board implements the zoning rule they have discussed it would force the kids to play for the school they are zoned for. There would be no more going to EK Baker or ACMS and going to Central.

It's good to see that you backed down from accusing the Fire and Central coaches from recruiting when I called you out on that.

What I get a kick out of is when McMinn fans say that the size of school does not matter. Isn't that why they have classifications to make sure you played against schools of similar size in your district and region?

Central has better talent because of better coaching. Your coach has had one winning season in 8 years. Are you trying to say he has not had any more talent than that in 8 years with a school that size? Every year your coach says it's the best group of freshmen girls he has ever had. I guess he says that to buy him time to have a good team in a couple years. It seems to be working for him because he's still there! I think you're believing in these freshmen because you are the parent of one. Getting blown out in your gym in 4 days by two single A teams should tell you something about coaching and what to expect.

I will be looking for your comments and thoughts in a couple years if you are still posting.

Edited by Glory

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see that you backed down from accusing the Fire and Central coaches from recruiting when I called you out on that.

What I get a kick out of is when McMinn fans say that the size of school does not matter. Isn't that why they have classifications to make sure you played against schools of similar size in your district and region?

Central has better talent because of better coaching. Your coach has had one winning season in 8 years. Are you trying to say he has not had any more talent than that in 8 years with a school that size? Every year your coach says it's the best group of freshmen girls he has ever had. I guess he says that to buy him time to have a good team in a couple years. It seems to be working for him because he's still there! I think you're believing in these freshmen because you are the parent of one. Getting blown out in your gym in 4 days by two single A teams should tell you something about coaching and what to expect.

I will be looking for your comments and thoughts in a couple years if you are still posting.

No backing down here....they recruit by winning championships....and the FIRE is a brilliant idea to help supplement their program! I don't understand why MCHS doesn't have a similar program. Of course the AD at MCHS locks the gym and balls and wont let our kids use the gym during the off season. While Central has their gym open to everyone and open year around.

Like I said everyone wants to play for a winner and Central has been very successful at winning.

MCHS hasn't had very good talent. Yes they have had a few good players but no one besides Ward that was a game changer.

If you read closer I said this bunch isn't where they need to be but in due time they should be a more competitive team then what MCHS has produced in years past. McPhail is a hard worker and we support him!

No backing down here....they recruit by winning championships....and the FIRE is a brilliant idea to help supplement their program! I don't understand why MCHS doesn't have a similar program. Of course the AD at MCHS locks the gym and balls and wont let our kids use the gym during the off season. While Central has their gym open to everyone and open year around.

Like I said everyone wants to play for a winner and Central has been very successful at winning.

MCHS hasn't had very good talent. Yes they have had a few good players but no one besides Ward that was a game changer.

If you read closer I said this bunch isn't where they need to be but in due time they should be a more competitive team then what MCHS has produced in years past. McPhail is a hard worker and we support him!

If thats true about locking the gym then Mcminn should lose. What do you pay taxes for? Central and now Meigs have controlled access to gyms for the kids. How do you get any better if you cant get in? What ive seen is graduated kids have more access than school kids that play. For Mcminn to be such a huge school its terrible that more kids arent involved in their basketball program. That among other reasons is why they cant compete with Central and now Meigs let alone compete in 3A.

McMinn might be more competitive but that is easy because they couldn't be any worse. Your girls lost to Sequoyah tonight by 19 points. Now your AAA team has lost to two A teams and one AA team by blow outs.

We support you keeping your coach too.

McMinn might be more competitive but that is easy because they couldn't be any worse. Your girls lost to Sequoyah tonight by 19 points. Now your AAA team has lost to two A teams and one AA team by blow outs.

We support you keeping your coach too.

Wow. Really taking that "proudest school in Tennessee" sign out front to heart, huh?

It's true that most if not all of McMinn Centrals players played or still play in the McMinn Fire program and it would seem that they are a feeder program for Central but in fact several of McMinn County's players as well as Tellico and Polk and Meigs all play for the FIRE or played for the Fire thru 8th grade. And a large amount of players on their younger teams are not only from McMinn Co. but also Rhea, Meigs, Polk and Monroe Co and several more areas not mentioned. Thus disputing that theory of just being a feeder to Central. Looks like many schools have benefited or are going to benefit from the Fire Org. But its been my experience just in McMinn County that the Coaches at Central and also the Elem. Coaches on that side of the County have not only opened their gyms but also been willing to work with kids that want to get better. Don't know if that can be said about the Elem. coaches on the other side for the most part. I know the supplement the coaches get is probably not much but if its just about the $ and not helping kids and wanting to make your teams better then you should step down and let them get a Coach that does care. Coaching kids should be a privilege NOT a job!

It's true that most if not all of McMinn Centrals players played or still play in the McMinn Fire program and it would seem that they are a feeder program for Central but in fact several of McMinn County's players as well as Tellico and Polk and Meigs all play for the FIRE or played for the Fire thru 8th grade. And a large amount of players on their younger teams are not only from McMinn Co. but also Rhea, Meigs, Polk and Monroe Co and several more areas not mentioned. Thus disputing that theory of just being a feeder to Central. Looks like many schools have benefited or are going to benefit from the Fire Org. But its been my experience just in McMinn County that the Coaches at Central and also the Elem. Coaches on that side of the County have not only opened their gyms but also been willing to work with kids that want to get better. Don't know if that can be said about the Elem. coaches on the other side for the most part. I know the supplement the coaches get is probably not much but if its just about the $ and not helping kids and wanting to make your teams better then you should step down and let them get a Coach that does care. Coaching kids should be a privilege NOT a job!

well said SJF!!!!