PORTLAND STATE CHAMPIONS???

Guest michblue

Guest michblue

Could Portland become the first team in Tennessee high school history to be the first state champs with a 9-6 record for the year??? I think so. We know we can beat Smith County. Trousdale will get the same treatment they gave us last year in the playoffs. Watch out Covington, the Panthers are back, and hungry for another state title!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...that Portland let their atheletes back on the team? It will be very difficult to get past Smith Co.( Who understands that a few less big plays from them and a few less turnovers from you all, Would have been a closer game. ) We all know that would haves and could haves, never did. Then you would have to go and play Trousdale again. Be realistic. Good win in the 1st round...and good luck this weekend. Portland gave all these other teams something to strive toward...Greatness! Just outmatched this year! :D The "MIGHTY" Owls will be READY!!

I don't think MICHblue is even from Portland...if he is he needs to tone his optimism down about ten notches, and never begin a thread with those words...I like being under the radar and wouldn't start a thread like that if Portland were 11-0. They have to play perfect football to beat a heavily favored Smith County team, and most likely would have to do that for two more weeks. But a word to the wise to all you that have poked your comments in on the Panthers this season, not very smart...people have good memories around those parts. And yes, for the guy that wants to blow the train horn, I'm sure you'd like to do that again. I'll bet you're even sitting at the gas station right now during your twelve hour shift remembering when you played ten years ago, and thinking of ways to be classless to your opponents. But you keep running that mouth and providing the bulletin board material and SOMEDAY it will get shoved back in your face...the train horn thing won't seem as funny then. :D