Franklin County Rebels head coach relieved

delusional32

He did make a big improvement from 0-10 to 6-4 and some playoff games in 4 years and he has done better than any coaches FC has had to this day. not winning any district titles might be what happen to his coaching position.

I don't think that had anything to do with it. I think it was more that he was a run heavy offense and the crowd wanted to see passes rather than wins. Yes he did run the ball a lot but he had the running backs to do that and not the quarterbacks to throw.

I don't think that had anything to do with it. I think it was more that he was a run heavy offense and the crowd wanted to see passes rather than wins. Yes he did run the ball a lot but he had the running backs to do that and not the quarterbacks to throw.

I don't know if people would rather see passes than wins but you have a good point. I do think fans love district wins and titles.  being one dimensional it is hard to win and even harder to win playoff games against those Murfreesboro teams.

I don't know if people would rather see passes than wins but you have a good point. I do think fans love district wins and titles. being one dimensional it is hard to win and even harder to win playoff games against those Murfreesboro teams.

The talent in boro is a lot deeper than franklin county. That has a lot to do with us not making it far when we do make the playoffs. I do hope we get a good coach but more importantly one that the community will get behind. Even if he loses a few.

I don't know if people would rather see passes than wins but you have a good point. I do think fans love district wins and titles. being one dimensional it is hard to win and even harder to win playoff games against those Murfreesboro teams.

It took hardy from Shelbyville 7 years to win a district championship. There hasn't been a coach at franklin county for 7 straight years since Roberts was there in 99. It takes more time to build district championship teams than they are giving in a community like franklin county. Boro teams can do it faster but there is an overload of talent there. The second string at schools like that are better than most county schools first string.

You bring up a great point Jdjones767676 .  It did take some time at Shelbyville and another point to ponder is when The OC Palmer got there?  Check out his track record as an OC.  OC at West Creek in 2010. Became OC Shelbyville 2012- Present.  Gotta show my friend some love.....if he's interested.  I know he really likes working at Shelbyville with Hardy and has a ton of respect for him, but he is definitely qualified to make the move to head coach. Won as a player and coach.

Edited by toomuchtime

You bring up a great point Jdjones767676 . It did take some time at Shelbyville and another point to ponder is when The OC Palmer get there? Check out his track record as an OC. West Creek in 2010. Shelbyville 2011- Present. Gotta show my friend some love.....if he's interested. I know he really likes working at Shelbyville with Hardy and has a ton of respect for him, but he is definitely qualified to make the move to head coach. Won as a player and coach.

I live in Shelbyville now and I hear a lot about their football program and I can tell u if FC was to get Palmer it would be GREAT! Not so good for Shelbyville tho!

Edited by Jdjones767676
  • Upvote 1

They had Atkins who ran the spread and they know how that turned out

It seems like Carson would be more like Mantooth and that probably is not going to work. If Winchester wants to win now Mcurry will be the answer if he will come. He has a 239-71 record ranked eigth among Tn active coaches. Six 10-0 teams 15 regional champions 14 quarter finals and one final. 25 seasons without a losing record. He has coached atleast 3 Mr. Football winners.