Franklin County Rebels head coach relieved

delusional32

Tracy Hayworth played at Franklin county and then played for the University of Tennessee then on to the NFL where he played for Detroit lions. He has  coached at Southwest Baptist University. now he is  in Franklin county he announces football games for Franklin county on the local radio.

Edited by jemarshall32

A lot of good conversation... but F/C needs a coach that will teach the basics.  I get so tired of watching games where our blocking and tackling is just horrible. To many arm tackles, too much upright blocking... just very poor technique all around and that's a product of poor coaching. We get beat too often by teams that can't match up with us athletically but beat us because they are better fundamentally. If we ever expect to compete with the 'boro teams then we had better be really sound fundamentally, because we surely can't stay with them athletically. Right now we can't even compete with the weaker teams in our conference. I don't care what offense or defense you run, but if you can't block or tackle, you won't win much. We do have a really good sophomore and freshman group and it'll be a waste of talent if they don't get a good coach.

A lot of good conversation... but F/C needs a coach that will teach the basics.  I get so tired of watching games where our blocking and tackling is just horrible. To many arm tackles, too much upright blocking... just very poor technique all around and that's a product of poor coaching. We get beat too often by teams that can't match up with us athletically but beat us because they are better fundamentally. If we ever expect to compete with the 'boro teams then we had better be really sound fundamentally, because we surely can't stay with them athletically. Right now we can't even compete with the weaker teams in our conference. I don't care what offense or defense you run, but if you can't block or tackle, you won't win much. We do have a really good sophomore and freshman group and it'll be a waste of talent if they don't get a good coach.

you are spot on that's why I say McCurry for head coach he won't put up with poor blocking and tackling.the man can teach football no doubt about it.

you are spot on that's why I say McCurry for head coach he won't put up with poor blocking and tackling.the man can teach football no doubt about it.

That is right.  Anyone that has seen a McCurry coached team knows that they block and tackle plus they will have discipline.  All the things Winchester lacks now. 

It isn't 1914 anymore. Ethics have changed. Just work at a public high school for a day. If anyone thinks they are singing church hyms and playing hop scotch; then your in for a surprise. Many teachers personal lives aren't totally pure. Heard of facebook? So to say it would be an unethical hire isn't correct. Teenagers today need someone to relate to. Many kids live in broken homes and see far worse than what took place. Schools pay thousands of dollars each year to have motivational speakers come in who have been to prison for drugs or whatever. Heck, Mac might just show them how you can change your life for the better and people can come back from mistakes. Isn't that the point of being saved in church???? 

Media is all about reporting bad news. Rarely do they give both sides of the story. Sometimes you just have to think and research for your self instead of depending on others to make up your mind.

1914 or 2014 school systems are not going to set themselves up to public scrutiny and potential legal problems by hiring someone with mccurry's reputation. anything goes wrong and the lawsuits fly. most schools will not put themselves in this kind of position...regardless of the bias and inaccuracy of the media. if i am a principal i would have to cma...it just wouldn't be worth the potential problems that could be associated with this guy. his resignation from mchs proves he knew something or maybe even initiated it...if not he would have stayed in and fought it.

Any school system had better research all the coaching candidates back ground before hiring. Some do a better job than others... some don't or don't care. Either way, with everything written here, you would definitely know what to keep your eye on with Mac. Still I think our problem here, isn't that we aren't  getting enough qualified candidates, it's that we don't end up with one of the better ones. We have really good facilities in all our programs... so we can't use that excuse. What fail to do is pay appropriately and back them when we do get one. As for the comment, that F/C is a "coaching graveyard"... you would have to have "good coaching" in order to call it that. And the good ones (the few we get), don't stay long.

"He without sin cast the first stone"- The big factor is gather information and let the admin talk with him. They might be surprised what they find out. Not my place to answer those questions why or how it all shook out. Talking is the key. Not sure he even wants the job.  

well he is not a head coach anywhere now but he teaches science at buckhorn high school in north Alabama just across the boarder of Franklin county . I seen him before the season started at the FC vs Buckhorn scrimmage in the press box. I guess he might be a D coordinator or O coordinator. just a rumor but heard he is interested in the head coach job at FC.