Franklin County Rebels head coach relieved

delusional32

Based on past history, I wonder if he has/will make a good decision. This hire is not only important for Mr. Mantooth, but it's important for the children/future of Franklin County. McCurry can get the job done, he's proven that time, and time again. Come on now, he's a Rebel, he grew up in this program, he knows the urgency of the situation. Don't make another multiple year(s) mistake on hiring the wrong Head Coach for the Rebels. The youth of Franklin County can't WAIT, hire Coach McCurry!

very well could...he grew up in the county before moving to Maryville. A lot of interest. Mr Mantooth will make a good decision

Edited by WarBeagle

Just hear say but I heard that McCurry did apply for the Franklin County head coach job. Mr. Mantooth  would make a big mistake if he has him and lets him go. If Mr. Mantooth wants to have a wining program and help the young athletes have a better chance at athletic scholarships to the next level then he would hire him. cant look past 239-71 win / lose record and all the athletes he helped get  scholarships to college. no matter which way you look at it he is a great  Head coach (Teacher). So I say his home town give him the chance to be a FC Rebel again!!

Edited by jemarshall32

Just hear say but I heard that McCurry did apply for the Franklin County head coach job. Mr. Mantooth would make a big mistake if he has him and lets him go. If Mr. Mantooth wants to have a wining program and help the young athletes have a better chance at athletic scholarships to the next level then he would hire him. cant look past 239-71 win / lose record and all the athletes he helped get scholarships to collage. no matter which way you look at it he is a great Head coach (Teacher). So I say his home town give him the chance to be a FC Rebel again!!

Looks like maybe you were one of the ones he helped to get a scholarship to as you say....collage...I believe you meant college.... You still playing?

Edited by Jdjones767676

Looks like maybe you were one of the ones he helped to get a scholarship to as you say....collage...I believe you meant college.... You still playing

oops bad spelling maybe if he would have been my teacher or coach I would not have made that mistake. its all better now I edited it.

Edited by jemarshall32

Hardees breakfast club said McCurry did apply.  Also find out that Carr had a better record than Tooth did.  The feeling down at the club was Tooth would not make a good hire.  Probably not going to gain much with new hire.  DOS Scharber does not care about winning.  Winchester would probably be better off waiting till she is gone.  Maybe Tooth could come back for one year and pad his record.

Hardees breakfast club said McCurry did apply. Also find out that Carr had a better record than Tooth did. The feeling down at the club was Tooth would not make a good hire. Probably not going to gain much with new hire. DOS Scharber does not care about winning. Winchester would probably be better off waiting till she is gone. Maybe Tooth could come back for one year and pad his record.

The old folks at the Hardee's breakfast club must have Alzheimer's because Carr's record was 21-30 while Mantooth's was 26-30. And the reason Mantooth has 5 of those loses is because he took his team to the playoffs every year he was there and Carr did only once. If you only look at the regular season Mantooth was 25-25 while Carr was 21-29

Heard through the grape vine that Mantooth had started the process of interviewing candidates for the job.  Interesting that one applicant has not even receieved a call from anyone from the school.

Heard today that the FC head coach job is supposed to be announced on Monday Dec 1st . seems to be that not everyone that put in for the job got a interview. Seems to be the good ole boy system is going on in Franklin County. Also heard that Carr tried to bring McCurry in as the O coordinator when Kermit left this season  but was shot down. my own opinion is this  might be one possibility why Carr got ran out. Heard that DOS wouldn't let Tracy Hayworth help coach unless he  got a teaching certificate. Tssaa handbook say a asst coach can be non- faculty.

Edited by jemarshall32