Franklin County Rebels head coach relieved

delusional32

Whoever gets the job needs a free hand to choose his assistant coaches. Hayworth and Grub may not be who the new coach wants. Seems like Carr had the same problem. Someone else picking the assistant coaches for him. The new Headcoach needs to be in charge. Winchester could use some new faces to change the culture.

I agree whomever the head coach ends up being he needs to pick who best works for  his program that he builds. 

Edited by jemarshall32

No matter the hire the community needs to get behind the coaches and support the program without expecting any favors.  To many people pulling in opposite directions does not help in any way. Thanks to the previous coaching staff for all your hard work and long hours with the youth in our community.

I agree but part of a head coach's job  is to get the community to buy into his program. if he cant do that then he wont get the support needed. hiring a coach with out  enough experience or a poor win /loss record wont help matters none. yes absolutely support with out favors 100%. But the bottom line is people ( community) want to see improvements from year to year. I also want to thank the previous coaching staff for the hard work and long hours with the youth in our community. That is all over now so we have to look  to the future.

I agree but part of a head coach's job  is to get the community to buy into his program. if he cant do that then he wont get the support needed. hiring a coach with out  enough experience or a poor win /loss record wont help matters none. yes absolutely support with out favors 100%. But the bottom line is people ( community) want to see improvements from year to year. I also want to thank the previous coaching staff for the hard work and long hours with the youth in our community. That is all over now so we have to look  to the future.

I don't think members of the old staff want to give it up. So they are going to try to pull for someone that will retain them. Carr might have done better without the staff that was appointed to him. Edited by AlltimeVOL

I don't think members of the old staff want to give it up. So they are going to try to pull for someone that will retain them. Carr might have done better without the staff that was appointed to him.

People tend to lose sight that hiring coaches in high school isn't what it is in college. A high school coach is really lucky to get to bring two or more coaches with him. I'd say the exception would be at a school that highly values football (someone mentioned CC in Ga... They value football). Not only does FC not have 4th block athletics, from what I gather they don't have a weight training class for athletes.... But the band gets to practice during school. Letting the band practice but not the other athletic programs leads me to believe there won't be any jobs created for assistants.
  • Upvote 1

Maybe it will change when a new director of schools is hired. Schools focus on academics that's all good but all students aren't going  to get a scholarship in academics. so sports are just as important for some kids as academics. Academics is why schools try to hire best teachers right? we all know students have to be average in academics to be able to play sports in high school. so wonder why  not try to hire the best coaches (teachers) and give the athletes a athletic block so they can focus on the career they might want to pursue.