Dobyns-Bennett at Science Hill... Part 2

DB has many caliber atheletes up and coming "this is true" especially if you have been watching the underclassman playing their games this year !! Its not dreaming when its right in-front of you at everygame including freshman , now it is dreaming when it comes to this coaching staff ! And again i said "if used right"!!

I hope you understand I wasn't talking about the athletes. We have some great ones that work their butts off. Just don't get your hopes up that the end results are going to be any different. I thought the same thing when Swafford and Forman were freshman.

Waco,

Much like you I'm sure, I can't quote people on here without their permission. Also, I am only relating what I'm told. That said, the coaches I know at D-B tell me that perception couldn't be further from reality about D-B football. They say it's a "band" school before it's a football school. They swear that Clark gets little support in hiring coaches and that political correctness rules the day with central office types resenting Clark's perceived power. One went as far as saying that if Graham fired 3 coaches, he would be fortunate to get to replace one of them.

quote name="WaCoJaCo" post="3268426" timestamp="1416030611"]That was some rambling nonsense I agree. But Although not rambling, your post has a bit of nonsense also. Clark is a good person in a Jimmy Carter kind of way. He's a good coach in a Phil Fulmer kind of way. He use to be good but just can't cut it anymore. He has flashes of his old self but just can't put it together anymore. Can't prepare a team for the big games and can't put a game plan together to beat good teams on a regular basis. He has made a big mistake by hiring friends and former players as assistants. Now that some of them are not doing their job he's not willing to make the changes to fix it. Friendships are more important than the players and fans. Blood is thicker than water sort of thing. And I guess that's alright if your in that group. Kinda' sucks for the players and fans though. But that's life in the big city. I couldn't say Clark would play a more popular player over a more talented player but there is some politics going on at DB. Always has been a little of that. I do think that Clark sometimes will start a senior over a more talented player. I think maybe that's one of those paying your dues kinda' things. I wouldn't do it that way because this is not a "upward" league. Also lets try looking at the win percentage without counting Volunteer, Central & Davey Crocket. Teams like that even I could win against with the talent at DB. Clarks playoff record tells the real story.

I understand very well the politics at DB and the City of Kingsport. I've lived here for over 30 years and I pay attention. Yep, the band has become a monster that is putting pressure on the whole school. When you get that many parents involved toward one goal then it tends to consume everything around it. Then you have about 20 different people that thinks they need to be running the show. I see a giant implosion coming soon. As for the coaching, yeah I'm sure there is some interference there. To many monster ego's in Kingsport for there not to be. At the expense of sounding like one of those ego's I still have to say there needs to be changes made. I mean It's a no brainer. They have about 10 more coaches on staff than Maryville does so they could stand to lose a few. It's obvious they don't know what their doing on the defense side. The secondary is close to the worst I have seen in high school. And they got worse as the season went along. They couldn't cover me. The offense had a good game plan in "1" game all year. The coaching staff as a whole don't know how to get a team "up" for a big game. Last night DB didn't want to be there. They were done after the Mo. East game. Clark nor any of the staff is going to step down until they decide to step down. There will be more of the same in the years to come. Just have to wait until it all falls apart and hope someone will be smart enough to fix it the right way. That's the way its done in Kingsport. 

This is so right on Stonewall. Sometimes the truth hurts.So be it ! The new conference schedule will show what some have known a long time. IMO

I understand ! But the defense is what is promising ! I havent seen stud young linebackers as freshman in along time at DB !! I guess the wait and see has started !! But yes i understand where your coming from " studs can be studs but we have to have great coaches to coach them"

I hope you understand I wasn't talking about the athletes. We have some great ones that work their butts off. Just don't get your hopes up that the end results are going to be any different. I thought the same thing when Swafford and Forman were freshman.

You know, when I heard the good news about the new schedule for 2015, I was pleased.  My gut reaction was that I needed to go out and secure season tickets next summer.  I had gotten so tired of the really humiliating games like Central, Volunteer, Crockett,.... they were just not good for anybody - the schools, players, fans.  So I dropped my season tickets about 3 years ago so I wouldn't feel the need to watch that anymore.  Now I choose what games I go to.

Then last night struck.  That was a humiliating loss.  Can we say "mercy" rule?  When has DB ever had to endure "mercy"?  So the other side of the equation became clear - again.   Coaching has declined radically at DB.  Only a fool would deny it ... or someone who hasn't been a fan very long.  Or someone who is biased to the extreme.

Did anybody see our head coach on WCYB live from the sidelines on their evening news?  He looked and acted numb.  When asked what he had to do to win the game it was as if he couldn't think.  He seemed to really struggle to answer.  If he truly knew what he was going to do differently that 2 weeks ago to change DB's performance, he should have been able to whip the answers off.  He did not. Perhaps it was a secret even thought most of us knew exactly what needed to change.

Next year is likely to be an eye opener.  Do not be surprised to see a 4-6 season or worse.  That may become the norm until coaching changes. Maybe there needs to be changes at the top of school administration as well. And don't forget the school board - they are directly accountable to you.  Burn their ears off and remember their response at election time.

Maybe I just need to wait a while longer to buy season tickets.

Rambling terminated

Changes are due and i think there coming , so im not to worried about it !! Again i dont expect db to have a fall out Season next year with any coach because of the kids we got coming back and up thru the system , now if coaching is changed in some manners then they could be quite better in the next few years !!

You know, when I heard the good news about the new schedule for 2015, I was pleased. My gut reaction was that I needed to go out and secure season tickets next summer. I had gotten so tired of the really humiliating games like Central, Volunteer, Crockett,.... they were just not good for anybody - the schools, players, fans. So I dropped my season tickets about 3 years ago so I wouldn't feel the need to watch that anymore. Now I choose what games I go to.

Then last night struck. That was a humiliating loss. Can we say "mercy" rule? When has DB ever had to endure "mercy"? So the other side of the equation became clear - again. Coaching has declined radically at DB. Only a fool would deny it ... or someone who hasn't been a fan very long. Or someone who is biased to the extreme.

Did anybody see our head coach on WCYB live from the sidelines on their evening news? He looked and acted numb. When asked what he had to do to win the game it was as if he couldn't think. He seemed to really struggle to answer. If he truly knew what he was going to do differently that 2 weeks ago to change DB's performance, he should have been able to whip the answers off. He did not. Perhaps it was a secret even thought most of us knew exactly what needed to change.

Next year is likely to be an eye opener. Do not be surprised to see a 4-6 season or worse. That may become the norm until coaching changes. Maybe there needs to be changes at the top of school administration as well. And don't forget the school board - they are directly accountable to you. Burn their ears off and remember their response at election time.

Maybe I just need to wait a while longer to buy season tickets.

Rambling terminated

Indians blown out yet another season.

I'm a Dobyns- Bennett graduate of 1986 and I have supported the Indians for over thirty-six years win, lose, or draw. I was in the 80's class when the Indians played ALL the Knoxville division teams like Jefferson County, Farragut, and Sevier County....

K.A. Collins 2014

So KAStroker, you said you've supported the Indians...but did you play?  I totally disagree with your assessment of Clark.  You said that "I had him as a PE teacher he always had his picks and it has kept him from ever winning a State Championship."connecting dots between dressing out for gym class and  Clark's inability to win a state championship?  Maybe your inability to properly address the shuttlecock kept you from earning a top seed in the 10th grade winter session of PE badminton.

You know, when I heard the good news about the new schedule for 2015, I was pleased.  My gut reaction was that I needed to go out and secure season tickets next summer.  I had gotten so tired of the really humiliating games like Central, Volunteer, Crockett,....

70 - You can add Boone to that list as well.   You know, even though DB stomps us every year I'm going to miss going to your stadium, its just such a great atmosphere.   Best of luck next year and maybe I'll swing by for a playoff game since we won't have one until 2016 (if we even make it then)