Dobyns-Bennett at Science Hill... Part 2

Actually i knew it was going to happen with this coaching staff "and waco i know you did too"!! I was enjoying sullvan souths win in Death Valley , it was weird being around all that baby blue again !!

Well I had a pretty good feeling it was going to happen. But I figured they would at least show up. Doesn't really matter anyway. I think everybody has settled into it now. Expect more of the same in the coming years.

In Vegas there is a saying, "Winners laugh and crack jokes, losers cry deal."

I know we ain't in Vegas but you are crying deal. Carter might not part the Red Sea but DB and Science Hill seems to be a rivalry again. Carter had never beat Clark but now he has taken 3 in a row. The fear of DB is indeed gone. It is as it should be...a rivalry between two very good schools. Until DB wins again, SHHS is the better team in upper ET.

Can't argue with that.

Indians blown out yet another season.

I'm a Dobyns- Bennett graduate of 1986 and I have supported the Indians for over thirty-six years win, lose, or draw. I was in the 80's class when the Indians played ALL the Knoxville division teams like Jefferson County, Farragut, and Sevier County. But I don't ever remember them playing Maryville. Next week, The Science Hill Hilltoppers  will wish they could play as great as the Maryville Rebels.

Tonight's loss by the Tribe was embarrassing just because they lost to a Hilltopper team that can only claim fame for one player and I'm not even going to have to print the name. Again, next week, that talented player will feel like he is graduating from high school to the NFL. The Rebels mean business and they are going to put the same hurt on SHHS  that SHHS put on  the Tribe. Great high school football comes down to a number of variables but the most important is not necessarily talented players. It starts with great coaching to the defense, offensive, special teams, QB, Rb's, and receivers and as a witness to DB football for the past 36 years, the coaching has been lacking. To have a State Championship team you need to have all the right coaches but the head coach must be the motivator of ALL his players and staff.

I was born and raised in Kingsport and I really love the area. What I don't love is many of its citizens. I grew up without being wealthy and because of that my family was always looked down upon. Unfortunately, Johnson City is worse in the way that many from there think they are just plain better than EVERYBODY else with one exception, SHHS has Coach Stacy Carter, and he is a motivator, young, and has an eye where to play talent.

And then there is Coach Graham Clark. Since I had him as a PE teacher he has always had his picks and it has kept him from ever winning a State Championship. He would rather play a popular player than a talented player and I can name an instance but I will not write it here, so thus popularity has turned Coach Clark into a mediocre, "Eh, we'll get'em next year" kind of coach. And he hides behind his failures as a great Coach by cracking some hillbilly anecdote to ease his pain and hopefully get the DB faithful to laugh off another loss every single time. I don't want to seem that I'm bashing another human being but I will not apologize for writing the truth. So before tonight's game in Johnson City I decided I was going to go watch a good football game played by a great football team from SW Virginia. In closing I will speak what I have overheard in the crowd for years at J Fred Johnson Stadium, Coach Graham Clark isn't serious about motivating his players or staff and it's time for him to retire as Head Coach of the Dobyns-Bennett Indians Football program. That school deserves better, the students, staff, and most importantly the young men that play their hearts out to carry on a season.

I will not apologize for being bias either.  The Science Hill Hilltoppers have a great coach that knows football but Maryville IS THE TEAM in NE Tennessee and come November 21st, 2014, The Hilltoppers will feel the sting of of a true and perfect football program. So best of Malick McGoo (oops), you're going to need it.

K.A. Collins 2014

I agree with clark picking the popular and playing them "Ex:QB"...! Its old but nothing will ever be done about it until he decides or dies on the field because of old age !Am i tired of it , dang yeah ..!!

I'm a Dobyns- Bennett graduate of 1986 and I have supported the Indians for over thirty-six years win, lose, or draw. I was in the 80's class when the Indians played ALL the Knoxville division teams like Jefferson County, Farragut, and Sevier County. But I don't ever remember them playing Maryville. Next week, The Science Hill Hilltoppers will wish they could play as great as the Maryville Rebels.

Tonight's loss by the Tribe was embarrassing just because they lost to a Hilltopper team that can only claim fame for one player and I'm not even going to have to print the name. Again, next week, that talented player will feel like he is graduating from high school to the NFL. The Rebels mean business and they are going to put the same hurt on SHHS that SHHS put on the Tribe. Great high school football comes down to a number of variables but the most important is not necessarily talented players. It starts with great coaching to the defense, offensive, special teams, QB, Rb's, and receivers and as a witness to DB football for the past 36 years, the coaching has been lacking. To have a State Championship team you need to have all the right coaches but the head coach must be the motivator of ALL his players and staff.

I was born and raised in Kingsport and I really love the area. What I don't love is many of its citizens. I grew up without being wealthy and because of that my family was always looked down upon. Unfortunately, Johnson City is worse in the way that many from there think they are just plain better than EVERYBODY else with one exception, SHHS has Coach Stacy Carter, and he is a motivator, young, and has an eye where to play talent.

And then there is Coach Graham Clark. Since I had him as a PE teacher he has always had his picks and it has kept him from ever winning a State Championship. He would rather play a popular player than a talented player and I can name an instance but I will not write it here, so thus popularity has turned Coach Clark into a mediocre, "Eh, we'll get'em next year" kind of coach. And he hides behind his failures as a great Coach by cracking some hillbilly anecdote to ease his pain and hopefully get the DB faithful to laugh off another loss every single time. I don't want to seem that I'm bashing another human being but I will not apologize for writing the truth. So before tonight's game in Johnson City I decided I was going to go watch a good football game played by a great football team from SW Virginia. In closing I will speak what I have overheard in the crowd for years at J Fred Johnson Stadium, Coach Graham Clark isn't serious about motivating his players or staff and it's time for him to retire as Head Coach of the Dobyns-Bennett Indians Football program. That school deserves better, the students, staff, and most importantly the young men that play their hearts out to carry on a season.

I will not apologize for being bias either. The Science Hill Hilltoppers have a great coach that knows football but Maryville IS THE TEAM in NE Tennessee and come November 21st, 2014, The Hilltoppers will feel the sting of of a true and perfect football program. So best of Malick McGoo (oops), you're going to need it.

K.A. Collins 2014

One great year with a super star QB does not make Carter the best coach by any means.  Science Hill will be in for a rude awakening next year.  If you think Carter is the best coach or that he is classy, you probably snorted too much of that meth up there in East TN.  The funniest part about Science Hill's win tonight over their rival during their best season ever is.........nobody cares, not even your own fans as evidenced by the poor turnout.  At DB cold and rain does not mean a poor showing during a key home game.  Before you think that I care (because I don't) the only reason I replied is to point out what I knew would happen;  One good year and Carter is a God and Science Hill is all of  a sudden the best and their fans (the few that care) are experts.  Next year will be fun watching you lose to DB.  Please save and reference this post for the 2015 game because I am 100% certain.

I am glad you are 100% certain.  First other than #11 the skill players are all juniors and next year SH will have a QB with an outstanding arm and good enough feet to have rushed for over 200 hundred yards in two games against DB this season.  They will have the top three receivers back and almost the entire defense.   The seniors next year ran the table as 8th graders and Freshman even with a number of them playing Friday nights.  Every year is a new season but I promise you SH will have plenty of talent to compete next year so there will be no fear of DB or any other team on the schedule.  Line them up and play the game and check in with me next year and we can check out your 100% prediction...Roll Toppers Roll!

Complete rambling nonsense. You DID in fact bash the character of Coach Clark. To infer that a guy who has won over 250 games and lost about 50 would sit a more talented player for a more popular one is offensive. It's amazing to me that posers that never played beyond high school (if that) are so sure that they know better than a guy who has won 80 + % of his games. Someone needs to manage their own lack of a fulfilling life and appreciate our coach. We become real forgettable when GC steps away.

I'm a Dobyns- Bennett graduate of 1986 and I have supported the Indians for over thirty-six years win, lose, or draw. I was in the 80's class when the Indians played ALL the Knoxville division teams like Jefferson County, Farragut, and Sevier County. But I don't ever remember them playing Maryville. Next week, The Science Hill Hilltoppers  will wish they could play as great as the Maryville Rebels.

Tonight's loss by the Tribe was embarrassing just because they lost to a Hilltopper team that can only claim fame for one player and I'm not even going to have to print the name. Again, next week, that talented player will feel like he is graduating from high school to the NFL. The Rebels mean business and they are going to put the same hurt on SHHS  that SHHS put on  the Tribe. Great high school football comes down to a number of variables but the most important is not necessarily talented players. It starts with great coaching to the defense, offensive, special teams, QB, Rb's, and receivers and as a witness to DB football for the past 36 years, the coaching has been lacking. To have a State Championship team you need to have all the right coaches but the head coach must be the motivator of ALL his players and staff.

I will not apologize for being bias either.  The Science Hill Hilltoppers have a great coach that knows football but Maryville IS THE TEAM in NE Tennessee and come November 21st, 2014, The Hilltoppers will feel the sting of of a true and perfect football program. So best of Malick McGoo (oops), you're going to need it.

K.A. Collins 2014