RD 2 - Nashville Christian hosts Jamboree Champion Wayne County

kenmynattcpa

Good luck Wildcats. Many seem to think that coach Rice threw everything and the kitchen sink at NCS in that jamboree. Not the case. Rice and company always work on what needs fixed first and until its right. Ive seen WC in several scrimmages over the years and its always obvious. I think NCS is going to be surprised. Im sure theyve been dwelling on that jamboree consoling themselves that so and so didn't play. That the coaches didn't want to show too much. Thats malarkey. When you have the high expectations they had coming in to this year, I cant imagine those coaches just holding back and taking it in front of the other teams there. Argue all you like, but thats my thought. So the Eagles better be ready. Ive watched a lot of WC football and when they know they can beat you they usually do. Go get em WC.

You know, You're right. NCS almost chose to shut down the football program after that scrimmage. They prepared so hard to be the 2 quarter jamboree champion that when it didn't happen, they was mass turmoil.  We had to talk the coaching staff down off the gym roof.

It makes sense that WC would have been ready to play that day, after 9 months of thinking about how Columbia Academy embarrassed them in the playoffs. NCS had no chance. 

Good luck Wildcats. Many seem to think that coach Rice threw everything and the kitchen sink at NCS in that jamboree. Not the case. Rice and company always work on what needs fixed first and until its right. Ive seen WC in several scrimmages over the years and its always obvious. I think NCS is going to be surprised. Im sure theyve been dwelling on that jamboree consoling themselves that so and so didn't play. That the coaches didn't want to show too much. Thats malarkey. When you have the high expectations they had coming in to this year, I cant imagine those coaches just holding back and taking it in front of the other teams there. Argue all you like, but thats my thought. So the Eagles better be ready. Ive watched a lot of WC football and when they know they can beat you they usually do. Go get em WC.

Great words of wisdom :rolleyes: from a school (Collinwood) that knows alot about losing.